Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Treasure in the tall grass

Terry

I've been waiting all year for the frost to knock down the tall grass in this old school site ( pre 1900 ) and this last weekend I got to spend a few hours there. It was worth the wait and I'm sure next spring will be even better once the snow takes care of all the tall grass. Check out the huge 40-82 W.C.F. shell and the old belt buckel. Two nice coins 1917 old Canadian penny and a 1919 s wheaty.

That's a real old timey black powder cartridge ya got there.
It could date back to the 1880's or as late as 1930's , when they stopped loading a lot of these old guys.
Winchester chambered their famous Model 1886 repeater and 1885 Single shot for this round.
It was pretty popular for big game.