Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Treasure from THE BOOK

Arkie John

We have a bunch of Bibles around the Hilltop. The one on the "Bible Table" is the main study Bible. If you were wonderin' it is a WA Crisswell Study Bible (C) 1979 (out of print).

The Treasure is speaks of from cover to cover is JESUS. However, this is not the treasure I write of tonight.

Two months ago, my sweet wife was heartbroken when she discovered that she had lost one of her diamond earrings I had bought her for a special occasion. Look as we may, we found absolutely nothing anywhere around this place. Eventually we gave up and chalked it up as a loss. I figured, one day I would be able to replace it...but it certainly wouldn't be in the near future.

Last evening, we had our grand daughter, eight-year-old Akira over to spend the week-end with us. We spent the evening with dinner, and after dinner, Virginia gave Akira her piano lessons for the day, followed with some practice.

A little later on, I jumped behind the piano and played all I know, in about five minutes! Now, while I was doing THAT, Akira picked up a gospel track and began to read it. The track refered her to Psalms 51. So she promptly goes over to the Bible Table and begins to look through the Bible til she found Psalms 51, written by King David, 5000 years ago (plus or minus a couple years).

She read it out loud to us. This psalm is David's lamenting about his sin with Bathsheba. Well, anyway, after Akira read the entire psalm, she began to look at other parts of the old book. By this time Virginia had already started fiddling around in the kitchen.

Then, Akira came over to Virginia with a strange look on her face. "Look Gigi! Look what I found in the Bible!" Virginia could believe it when she laid eyes upon her lost earring. Akira didn'tunderstand why Virginia got emotional. After I told her the story, she said, in all her eight-year-old wisdom. "Well, Papa, mayabe she ought to read the Bible more!"

We just laughed, and then got quiet. "Out of the mouths of babes..." We both try to read daily that beautiful Daily Bread, just not from THAT Bible. So, I reckon I need to commence to readin' more than I do!

"Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."
Jesus Christ; from Matthew 6:33.

The moral of this story is (agin from Jesus) "Where you treasure is, there will your heart e also." (Matthew Chapter 6:21)

We have Virginia's earring and bless God, we have our Treasure--the one that is RISEN!

So...where is your treasure today? He drives a hard bargain, but He's the only game in town. It's either His way or the highway. Think about that. Hmmm? <><

Blessings to you and yours,

aj

I think that it is great that the diamond ear ring was found in that Bible. You have probably come to the right conclusion that the Bible should be read more often.

This makes me wonder if some things that happen in life could be prevented if you paid more attention to the written word...things happen as a punishment? On the same token, if you realize that you have paid the price and are willing to start doing the correct things as per the teachings again, why are you not restored to where you were prior to being punished? I just do not understand why you are not cut some slack, especially when you have never done major wrong doings like some of the criminals have done. I must admit that this is way above my mental capabilities.

This was both a great story as well as interesting. Thank you for posting it. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

and a great treasure as well!

Dave

I love that many people take a great deal of thought when they name their children. Not that a solid, John, or a wayne, or a David.... or even a Mike is out of place. It just seems as though the names, especially of the girls, sing to you a little more. Probably my idealistic, romantic Canadian nature showing up !! :) :)

She sounds like a real treasure Arkie. And the earring was just the icing on the cake.

Thank you for such a heartwarming story. :)

Take care my friend

Sunny skies, calm seas, fair winds, clear water

M

Up until about two weeks before she was born, she was going to be a "Hannah." I was set for "Hannah." It's a good biblical name and her mother had not changed names in many weeks. Then, all of a sudden, Sarah takes a surprising turn and says, "Oh, by the way Papa, the baby's name is going to be Akira." I just rolled my eyes and figured she'd change it three or four more times before she arrived. But it was not to be. The kid is a 24K AKIRA. I dunno where the name came from, but you are right. SHE, is the real treasure here on this earth. An immeasurable blessing to us all.

Thanks for posting. :D <><

aj

It's on her (4th grade) reading level with plenty of colorful illustrations.

She complained that her "other" Bible was for kindergardeners. We had to fix that, donchaknow. :)

aj, aka Papa (to Akira)

Fred and the Rest of youse guys. Here's your Sunday School Lesson for tomorrow.

It's all about the standard of 'good' by which we are comparing ourselves. His standard (the Ten Commandments) is eons far superior to the world's standard. The Ten Commandments places us all in a guilty state, because we have broken them countless times. That's called sin (1 Joh 3;4).

So, sin will be judged whereever He finds it, no holds barred. So, we'll all be found guilty before God on the day of judgment if we rely on ourselves only. He knew we could not live sinless lives and that is precisely why He sent His only Son, so that he coud die--pay the penalty that we could not pay-- for our sins so that we could be restored completely, one day.

Concerning restoration, men naturally concern themselves with the here and now. Sometimes God DOES restore physical bodies. It happens every day to many folks. But to many more he is a helper and not so much the physical healer. For many of us, it will not be until we pass through that eternal gate and enter to the other side of the Jordan, that we truly are set free from all sickness and unhappiness.

So, you see, it's not about "being good" by the world's standard, but believing and selling out to Jesus Christ that will ultimately heal us.

Look at Jesus himself and think about how He was treated. Look at the Apostles, Paul in particular, and many of the Old Testament saints. It's not the things that are seen in the here and now that really count. Itis about eternity. This old world is just a dress rehersal for what is to come. Where we wind up in eternity, either in Heaven or Hell, depends not NOT upon how "good" we have been, but solely by what we have done with His Son, Jesus Christ. He came, He died, He rose again. But until one RECEIVES that gift and is changed, it will do him no good. Satan himself KNOWS Jesus. But satan will never allow Him to be his Lord. It isn't enough to know ABOUT JESUS.

Hope I have answered some of your (and maybe others) questions here on the forum. Jesus, being the Son of God, cannot lie. He said the He is THE way, THE truth and THE life and that no one can come to the Father but by Him. Narrow? I reckon. But I didn't say it--He did. Take it us with Him. (Begin in 1 John--five chapters = only 25 minutes of your time) It tells you if you are "real" or counterfeit.

If anyone wants to discuss further, email me or call 501 767-6691. It would be an honor to speak to sincere seekers of Truth. What you're feeling and thinking is not an accident. <><

Your friend and resident pastor,
aj

Not only did Virginia get her earring back, Akira got a new Bible, but I got a little lesson from the good book that makes me focus on my commitment with my Lord. It was much needed on this weekend.

Thanks brother!

Lil Brother:)

they are aware of what is going on and pay attention much more than we might believe :D:D