Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Treasure Coast Report

SurfCutter

Well that went very quick .... Had a great time in Sebastian FL got to follow in the foot steps of Wagner and Fisher and the other successful hunters of the Treasure Coast. Learned a bit about the hunting there ...it is very easy ..... it's the finding that is hard. So much to tell and my typen' fingers are slow so bear with me ... First off the beaches go for miles and miles and they are hunted but due to the area that can be covered I feel it will never be totally hunt at any one time . I suggest you see the museums first to get and idea of what to look for and if you are lucky enough to get to talk with Ed Perry at the McLarty Museum do so he was very helpful and had a lot of good information to share.

http://www.atochatreasures.com/edperry.htm

One of the best bits of information is the book Ed told us about by R. Weller

"This is the book that treasure hunters are looking for. Robert "Frogfoot" Weller and Earnie "Seascribe" Richards SHIPWRECKS NEAR WABASSO BEACH. Ernie "Seascribe" Richards teamed up with Bob "Frogfoot" Weller to produce the hottest selling book of its type on Florida

One part of the story that especially caught my attention was that you said to avoid construction sites because of the snakes...can you tell us more about these snakes? Did you find any modern coins or jewelry on any of those beaches? I wish that I could have been there with you all...really sounds like you enjoyed yourself. Stories like this are always interesting to read, but your story has so much information in it. Thanks for posting this story, I really enjoyed it. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

I really enjoyed your story. I have heard that the Infiniums are a good, good machine.

May you pay for it several times over before the end of the '08 season!

Thanks for posting such an interesting story. I have always read and watched the TV about the Treasure Coast, but probably will never spend much time there. It's just too far and there are too many other places in between!

Thanks again.

AJ

that's what I have to tell myself each time I come home empty handed! It's all in the hunt!
Glad ya had fun buddy!

are many bargains to be had if you are not too picky! I love Florida, anytime of the year. Where we were in San Destin, They were actually dredging the sand from the ocean floor at different sites, so things were stirred up quite a bit. Still, the only thing found worth keeping was an Italian made chain, and my then six year old grandson found that. I must admit tho, I stay busy holding the beach chair down most of the time! Hope you had good weather. I also, feel the people there are most friendly! Even though it seems your vacation was short, you can just make it a goal to be able to go back! :)

As stated the beaches are very quiet , until you hit a pocket , then you , I found mostly pull tabs. I did find a couple of clad coins but not enough to call it successful if looked at from a dollar stand point. I still think if a SAFE way to hunt the rip tides can be found I feel they are the key to the deep buried coins and artifacts on the beaches in that that cut deep pockets in to the beach. Wave action of 2-5 feet is also something to deal with if you do go into the water. Again I am not sure how the State/ Fisher Inc. and current laws/ leases look at how deep if at all any water hunting is looked at or done my guess is if you do luck on a find the worst they can do is take it ? or maybe ...???? I would bet they would more than likely offer a small spilt if you are up front about it and report it but that is up to you , I know how my luck runs and I would more than likely end up in deep trouble with any thing I did .

As to the snakes , construction work and the clearing of the under growth makes the chances of running in to snakes due to loss of habitat very likely, ..Coral snakes and the other pit vipers are the ones I would be on the look out for , being a Northern Swamp Yankee and not use to having watching were I put my feet and other tender body parts as much in snake country around here , snake bite rates high on my list of watch out for in areas were they ,the snakes, are more active and have the greater chance of being venomous ....

Bill G.

must not have commented. I do that occasionally :(

It sounds like you had a great time down there. Finds are not the thrill for me but the hunting and anticipation is. You had nice weather and that goes a long way.

I think it is every mans dream to find lost treasure, that is what draws us to the metal detecting hobby.

Thanks for the post and we are waiting for pumpkin planting time!!