Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Training the oldest grandson to use an outboard..

Ron J

James is going on eleven, figured its time he learns to use an outboard. He is used to driving the pontoon boat with a steering wheel. A tiller is a little different as most of you know. Twist and steer with a rod. He got the hang of it pretty quick, but ui gotta keep on him, about paying attention to his surroundings.[attachment 99512 DSC05050.jpg] Seems he doesn't understand, there are other boats coming an going everywhere,and kayaks and buoys to watch out for! [attachment 99515 DSC05048.jpg] Sooner or later he will learn, and i will start by a few solo trips in the cove first. Nic, his youngest brother will be next! :D [attachment 99516 DSC05053.jpg] Nic is the daredevil, not scared of too much. James can be a sissy at times, but will do things,after Nic has experimented.:D When we returned, the tide was almost low. Nic first, then James, exploring the mud for crabs, shells, and perwinkles. They are fasinated by sea creatures. Reminds me of my brother Paul, and i when we were kids growing up on the Bass River.[attachment 99517 DSC05057.jpg][attachment 99518 DSC05060.jpg] [attachment 99519 DSC05062.jpg] Rj

Keep it up Roy they will love you forever, the time they spend with you will be priceless for each of you. Always a happy day to see the grandkids for me.

I remember them well and spent some great times camping out on little off shore islands and sand bars. No one ever bothered us. I had and old amesbury skiff and with 15 hp Evinrude on it. We caught rock crabs to sell to the bait shop to pay for the 6 gallons of fuel and quart of oil. Today we would have to get a buck a piece for the,, then we got 3 cents for a rock crab. At night we would take a burlap sack, and put fish heads of smash sea clams in it...close to shore and wait about 20 minutes then flip in in the boat. That would usually get us a couple of dozen each time or more. Couple that with 6 mummy chug traps at 50 cents a dozen for live bait and we did good. Even had enough for soda at the bait shops and a couple of Chunkeys....

Thanks for the memory....

Geo

n/t