Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Total of Silver Coins for the first five years of MD:ing for me and my former husband...

Ma Betty in MO

I found one of my record books and this is the totals I have for silver coins found...Notice that we both were about the same in our finds of silver during those first years of :detecting! I had forgotten we detected before joining the Coinshooters Club in 1981....memory fails when older...much older!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry that I don't have photos, as didn't even think back then about taking pics of our finds! No Computer then...bought my first in 2000....the ME edition!

1977 (H-16 & B-16) 32 Silver Quarters $8.00

1978 (H-12 & B-10) 22 Silver Quarters $5.50

1979 (H-07 & B-06) 13 Silver Quarters $3.25

1980 (H-05 & B-02) 07 Silver Quarters $1.75

1981 (H-07 & B-11 18 Silver Quarters $4.50

Total H-47 & B-45 = 92 and H-$11.75 & B-$11.25 = $23.00 (Silver Quarters)

Silver Dollars & Silver Half-Dollars

1977 (H-06 & B-3) 9 Silver Half-Dollars $4.50

(H-01) One 1937 Canadian Silver Half-Dollar $1.00

1978 (B-02) 2 Silver Half-Dollars $1.00

1979 (H-01) 1951 a little more than 1/2 of a Silver Half-Dollar $0.75
(H-02) 1943 (1 has cut) Silver Half-Dollars

1980 (H01) 1890-0 Silver Dollar $1.00

1981 (H-02 & B-02) 4 Half-Dollars $2.00 (1907-0 & 1960-D) & (1917-S & 1940)

Totals (H-12 & B-7) 18 Silver Halves & One Silver Dollar

1977 thru 1981 Various Silver Coins

(H-13 & B-07) 20 Silver War Nickels

(H-148 & B-162) Silver Dimes Grand Total of All Coins Found.....10,387 totaling $500.59 Face Value (1977 through 1981)

Just an idea of our MD'ing He left in August of 1986 and I continued :detecting: until too ill and unable to do so.... In 2007....just a few times with my brother, who passed away August 2009!! I sure miss my brother and detecting! Hope y'll are detecting and having fun! May God Bless! Amen! :angel: Ma

Yall did good . I would have liked to have went digging with you. You probably could have taught me a lot.

Sometimes wished I had started earlier when there was much more silver to go around!

Neat post, Ma. It's nice to learn more about each other. Sounds like you and your ex-husband had some good adventures together (and looks like you kicked his rear end a time or two, lol)!

Those were some awesome finds Ma, congrats! Question; what did you swing back then? My uncle got me into detecting in the early 80's and he had the Whites 6000 Coinmaster. He taught me how to use it and he brought me to a local college. He showed me what to do and after finding my first Ben Franklin Half dollar I was hooked! Thanks for the post Ma!

had a friend at work that was into detecting and so Harley went and got a Whites Coinmaster and started detecting and when I went with him a few times....I really liked it and so he could use his all the time, he purchased me one, then we upgraded after detecting a couple or 3 years! We always had Whites and he had a 6DB and I had a 6000 DI Series 3....after he left and I continued on my own...I bought myself my Whites XLT Spectrum in 1994 and have used it ever since until I couldn't swing and dig any longer or go out by myself as having COPD (Chronic Obstruction Pulmonary Dysfunction) caused me to tire out too quickly and very exhausted until I was too sick and sore for several days afterwards!

We both joined the Whites Midwest Coinshooter and Historical Club in July, 1981 and had fun going on outings with the group and even to a Civil War site a few years and we had a Spring and Fall hunt with the planting of silver coins and other goodies! Really was fun but I had to quit going and driving by myself because of night blindness which is really bad when it is raining with everything a blur in the bright lights! I hope you enjoy detecting for a long, long time! Older age and poorer health gets to some of us sooner or later! May God Bless! Amen! :angel: Ma