Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tot-Lot Takedown

Sgt. Silverman

Al met a woman through our homeschool co-op who mentioned matter-of-factly a few months ago that her "husband lost his wedding ring on the playground." So Al mentions I have detectors and could potentially help out. I FINALLY got a hold of the Pastor of the Methodist church and he grants me permission. So, off I go this afternoon.

Before I go any further, I would just like to say to all of the "Tot-lot" hunter's; ALL of you have gained my full respect and then some. I truly mean that from the bottom of my heart. A tot-lot is the antithesis of where I detect so this was a first for me.... and probably a last.

I used the AT Gold and went AM, and from there it was all down hill. As you can see by the picture, it actually looks like I had a pretty productive day right? Well, you'd have to get that much stuff when you dig EVERY signal! I think I dug 1900 lbs of tin foil. What do kids do, grab a 75 ft roll of Reynolds Wrap before they head to the playground, chew it up into tiny pieces and spit it all over the ground? :rofl:Great googlie mooglie I've NEVER dug that much trash in my LIFE...EVER! :surrender:

I'm really not trying to sound like I'm complaining, I'm just amazed that a Tot-lot put a beat down on me. :sadwalk: Oh, and as for the ring? Yeah, Alissa mentioned that he thinks that it COULD have flung off beyond the fenced in area. (I wish I would have snapped a pic of this place, it's one of those "Giganto" playgrounds with 2 sets of swings those huge jungle gyms and so forth.) I really didn't go today with any expectations. All I wanted to do was find Luke's ring. I guess I'm just completely surprised how difficult it can be to detect a tot-lot.

My rant (defeated yelp) is finished. I do have 1 question though; I found 4 medalettes that have strange writing on them. Has anyone ever seen one of these before and if so, what is it?

Oh yeah, before I go I will tell you that the diamond is not real, the necklace is not silver, and the gold coin is actually a 20 cent piece from Mexico. God is great though and I'm sure once my spine is back in place I'm going to do the perimeter. I'm going to do everything I can to get this guys ring back to him.

Thanks for looking and God Bless!

Greg

Most of my finds in the past came from tot lots. Know what ya mean. Congrats Greg on the finds. No clue about the 4 medals. the oblong copper thiny is a penny that went through some roll machine that flattened it and put an impression on it.

Sorry that you had so much trouble Greg, but that's life!

I did one at a school once and detected under the bars that kids hang upside down from.

In very short time I got $26 under those bars! So it's not all bad.

Thanks guys. On a serious note, I should have snapped a picture of my trash. (I need to start doing this more often). The foil would have filled that plate above. All kidding aside and no complaining, I seriously have not seen that much trash before. The playground has that bark-mulch which was the Blessing of the day because everything I dug was shallow to 4".

On a great note, I popped out 3 long and nasty rusty nails from that place so although I didn't find Luke's ring, I pray I saved a kid or two a tetanus shot.

$26 Norm? Holy cow! And I thought my .51 cents was bringing home the bacon! :rofl:

Hey Greg, Now you know what it can be like digging in a tot lot. :crazy: I've found everything from a gold ring, to tin foil, to junk jewelry, to hair pins, to sucker sticks, to coins. Sometimes I've found empty and loaded bullets, car keys, and just about everything you can imagine. But it's always fun. Hope you find the guys ring one day soon. At least you were able to get out. The ground up here is still frozen but the grass is beginning to peak through somewhat.

Those are likely part of a game that kids play?

I did one once that hadn't been detected in a long time and found lots of goodies and 25 quarters and then I did the park around it and found 25 more quarters ending up with 50 quarters and lots of other coins and items! Tot lots are easy to hunt and most are hunted early in the mornings before the kids swarm playing! :biggrin: :angel: Ma

Great advice Ma on going early in the morning. As for the ring, I guess it's been close to a year so it could easily have landed in someone else's pouch. (Unfortunately) I guess I'll give it the ole' college try one more time possibly next Saturday. God Bless Ma!

Contrary to popular belief, the oblong copper piece is not a flattened penny. That would be against the law. Our local zoo produces these things with different animals on them and it's simply a roll of copper stamped out w/whatever message the producer wants advertised. The 'toy game' things appear to be a replica of Roman coins, which is rather neat actually. All in all you did rather well.

Wow George, that's pretty close to what I have! :clap:Mine have to be some type of remake of the coin you showed me. Can you PM the link you found that on if possible? That is really cool George and thanks for doing some leg work my friend, I truly appreciate it! God Bless.

Greg

Greg, I did a image search on google. I think I searched Jewish coins cross and dove or cross and anchor.
God Bless and Happy Easter