Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Toronto Skyscraper Excavation Finds Ree's Wharf and 1850s era Antique Glass Bottles

Arob

Heads up. I got a good story to tell you about Toronto and I've got good pictures of some fine looking antique glass bottles that were unearthed by professional excavators digging a deep hole into what was once the 1840's era lake shore opposite a commercial pier known as Ree's Wharf Aug 13 2011,

Antique Glass Bottles Found Under Southcore Financial Centre & Delta Hotel Toronto, The Story of Rees' Wharf

My focus is not on Dr Rees but rather on the antique glass bottles that were liberated from the ground by the team,
6038380527_3a19e19ef9_o.jpg

6038929510_3c0b12d270_o.jpg

6038928880_b88eeb9782_o.jpg

6038929672_b26a26350f_o.jpg

The above tan coloured stoneware ginger beer bottle has already been sold to a famous Toronto bed and breakfast for an unspecified amount, but note that its not rare or in perfect condition. The seller's hand is eclipsing a large crack down the side of this object.

But look here THIS BOTTLE is really rare! The one big discovery is this very special early Ontario beer bottle,
6041693966_aa3f4ee012_o.jpg

this piece is key to the history of Hornby Ontario and there's a good story here about two Irish immigrants who came to Upper Canada and would have walked down Rees Pier - its a puzzle how a Hornby beer bottle ended up down here at the base of Toronto, or perhaps testament to the quality and distribution of Brayn Bros Brewery in the early 1870s.