Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TORNADOS NEVER HAPPEN IN CONNECTICUT?

Cupajo

Tornados are a fact of life in much of our country. As I grew up in Texas, I had been taught that awareness of what is going on around you is a very important survival skill.
Until I left home at 19 I had never seen an actual tornado. I did see what seemed to be a funnel cloud drop toward the earth briefly and then return to the dark clouds it came from. This was during a time of twisters, but had I actually seen a funnel? I

going on up in Enfield, CT. We were driving past the Air museum there and there were all these big Sikorskie Helicopters laying upside down along with lots of other planes. What caught my eye was the upside down sky crane chopers looked like dragon flys with their feet in the air. From there on up to Enfield the trees were like you discribed, all cut off at one height, or twisted off actually. The stores on the other side of the roads all had their roofs ripped off etc. I knew, I sure never wanted to be in one. The Air museum was really ripped apart. They have a new one there now thats really nice to go threw. When ever I go by there I can still see what it looked like then. My wife lived in Georgia for 7 years and she saw one across the lake from then and said it was scary just to watch it rip stuff apart from a mile away. That was around 1980 as I recall...

George-CT

My aunt was coming down to the funeral on a bus and was almost caught up in it. I remember going up and seeing it with an uncle, I think it was and I will never forget the devastation.

One thing that sticks out to me was an area through a neighborhood where every house was totally destroyed on one side of the street and in most cases not a bit of damage or even trash on the other! The houses were untouched.

are monsterous killers! What a beautiful sight to find her little girl unscathed. Her guardian angel was with her for sure! :)