Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TOOTH! You wanna see a TOOTH? :D

Royal

I was detecting at Dodge Park on day, with Scuba gear, and found this primitive implanted tooth. It was just an incrusted glob but it is my habit to decide if it is junk on shore. I tossed it in my bag. I was working the dropoff in about 30 ft of water at the time. There was once a raft anchored there.

I took it home and started cleaning it and realized it was a dang tooth. I had never seen one like it so the next trip to my dentist I showed it to him. He was amazed and said it was one of the early emplanted teeth. That flat part was slit under the gum and that held it in place. He just shook his head and said it was very crude.

Every time I look at it I think of the hurting that poor person was in that lost it. It had to hurt to have that bad boy knoked out of your skull bone!!

[attachment 48514 tooth.jpg]

The second picture is one I just took from my doorwall. I thought it was pretty out there but only 9 degrees. Remember when we were setting on that deck Rob? You can easily see the break of the hill at the back and we go back another 150ft and down maybe 60 ft. Gives great privacy. :D

[attachment 48515 backyard.jpg]

Those rivers you kayak have to be seen to really be appreciated too. If I had your place, I'd never leave it. It simply doesn't get any better. See ya again in the summer or the fall !:biggrin:

...on one of the lower quadrants. Also, it looks as though it was designed to "slip" in a slit in the gum and rested on TOP of the bone and underneath the gum.

I IS crude. I can' imagine how it could be very functional, with all the rocking etc. He was proabably glad to be rid of the thing.

Thanks for sharing this one.

Have you seen the turkeys lately????? I doubt they have snowshoes and wonder how they mogate around in that stuff.

aj

around the house though

n/t

n/t

n/t