Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Took the Quattro out today......coin spill:smile:

Mark in Alabama

I went back to the old army base with the Quattro today and had a pretty good afternoon hunt. I have been to this place probably 15 times before with my Sov. and I have seen others there as well so I know its been hit hard. I started out in the coin mode with sensitivity set to 16. After a few false signals and digging some big ol nails I dropped the sens. down to 14. This place is very hard to detect because there is about 2 inches of soil over all the old sidewalks and you have to walk around and jab at the ground to find the places that are dirt and not concrete....most of the dirt areas that aren't covered over with concrete are very small areas that you have to really look hard for. I finally found a nice area of soil to search and went at it. First I dug a very crusty wheat penny then a few modern bullets then I spotted a good sized hardwood tree and decided to work my way to it. When I got to the tree I got a very strange signal about a foot away from the tree base. It was reading silver coin then copper coin back and forth. It showed multiple coins so I dug fully expecting to find a fired smashed bullet with fragments all around because all the other coins I found there came in loud and clear and locked on a nice signal that was easy to pinpoint....this signal was different. I got down and probed the hole and there were two separate signals in the hole according to the X1 probe....I retrieved two wheat pennies out of the hole at about 6 inches. I thought, there's got to be more than two wheat pennies to make that crazy signal then I remembered to check the plug! I stuck the probe to the plug and got a loud signal....I grabbed the clump and broke it open and out popped a stack of coins in my hands....the first thing I saw was a Roosevelt dime on top with a bunch of wheat's stuck underneath but when I moved them more the pile came apart and a mercury dime was stuck underneath the rosie! Cool. A neat little stack of coins with two silver dimes on top. I stood up and rechecked the hole and there were more signals to the side....one more wheat and then a 1943 "war" nickle. The stray wheat's that were not in the stack were bad crusty but the coins that were stacked were nice on the sides that were touching against each other. Silver coins found were - 54 Roosevelt, 44 merc, and 43 war nickle. oldest wheat is a 37. I bet there's more silver in there......Good luck All. Mark:minelab:

Man, that's some pretty nice "loot"!!! I've never found that much stuff, all at once that's that old, yet. I'd love to find a Mercury dime. I used to get them in change when I was younger, before the coin collecters snatched them all up. Good, goin' there, and it sounds like your up and running with this detector. Marc.