Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Took the nox out today

sube

AUavk5M.jpg
[/img] Went to a pounded park first signal 11 to 16 back and forth 1981 Canada quarter ctx read solid 12.33 99,5 nickel why the bounce from 11 to 16 in hole out of hole ? .Silver dime 23 to 39 one way other way 15 6 inches deep ctx said 12.43 and the other way said 12.31 . silver quarter 21 one way other nothing 90 degrees nothing ctx said 41 one way the other way nothing .Was on edge with a nail .

This area was pounded with the ctx I wasn't expecting anything here but there they are nox pulled them out .There are not any good signals here so I was digging some weird signals but were solid signals one way is this what one would expect using the nox park 1 recovery 7 0 iron bias .Got to play some more with this thing called the nox . sube

Sure, yeah those are crazy signals for the NOX for sure.

Everyone’s soil is different but most do not use recovery speed of 7.

That is very fast and might chop the signal and could be way the TDIs were spread out.

Minelab’s as you know do better after locating target to wiggle the coil side to side and maybe numbers would settle down for you.

Tony NJ

BigTony said:
Sure, yeah those are crazy signals for the NOX for sure.

Everyone’s soil is different but most do not use recovery speed of 7.

That is very fast and might chop the signal and could be way the TDIs were spread out.

Minelab’s as you know do better after locating target to wiggle the coil side to side and maybe numbers would settle down for you.

Tony NJ

I was running 7 because of trash tried 1 to 8 for recovery on the targets before I dug same #S

Sure, I understand.

Use the minelab wiggle in trash and go slow. The machine separates well.

PS: I have always enjoyed your posts on other minelab machine. I can’t wait for your NOX inputs

Tony NJ

Looks like you dug all the good targets before LOL I agree its all in the tones and you are picking up on it. Nothing wrong with your recovery speed either I have found some nice stuff as high as 8, its site specific.
HH Jeff

Nice Job on the coins every soil is different I've been using field 2 recovery 6 iron 2 sensitivity 20-21 been doing great I always play around with my settings...
Mark

Nice finds and keep experimenting with settings.

I have gone full hunts with a recovery speed of 8. Its blazing fast and can certainly pick out goodies. One place I have hunted over and over and never found one old coin. It is a small grassy area probably 5 feet wide and 15 feet long. One day I was coming to the end of my hunt and was extremely tired. I threw my settings into park2 and cranked recovery to 8, iron bias 1 and was just messing around at this little grassy patch. All of a sudden wheat cents starting appearing as well as one silver dime. Why didn't my other settings pickup these coins? So I fooled around with my recovery speed and soon as I dropped it to 6 or less, I couldn't pick up the coins. So for a good long while, I went back to some of my other sites and used these settings and have found a bunch of additional silver dimes and wheat pennies. It was definitely an eye opener for me.

In another case, I was fooling around with the iron bias at a park I frequent and decided to run it at a minimum of 5 in an particular area. Nothing amazing appeared but I was finding 4-6" clad in the iron infested junk hole.

You are doing good!

earthlypotluck said:
Nice finds and keep experimenting with settings.

I have gone full hunts with a recovery speed of 8. Its blazing fast and can certainly pick out goodies. One place I have hunted over and over and never found one old coin. It is a small grassy area probably 5 feet wide and 15 feet long. One day I was coming to the end of my hunt and was extremely tired. I threw my settings into park2 and cranked recovery to 8, iron bias 1 and was just messing around at this little grassy patch. All of a sudden wheat cents starting appearing as well as one silver dime. Why didn't my other settings pickup these coins? So I fooled around with my recovery speed and soon as I dropped it to 6 or less, I couldn't pick up the coins. So for a good long while, I went back to some of my other sites and used these settings and have found a bunch of additional silver dimes and wheat pennies. It was definitely an eye opener for me.

In another case, I was fooling around with the iron bias at a park I frequent and decided to run it at a minimum of 5 in an particular area. Nothing amazing appeared but I was finding 4-6" clad in the iron infested junk hole.

You are doing good!

Earthlypotluck,

Your experiments with Recovery Speed and Iron Bias are interesting. One question, how deep were the Wheats and Silver Dime? I was under the impression that the higher the Recovery Speed, there is a drop in depth? Do you agree with this? Thanks for your observations.

Higher recovery speeds will definitely mean less depth. If higher recovery speeds can unmask good targets who cares about a little loss of depth!!!!

Jeff

Sube, I needed an excuse to detect today and you gave it to me. I tried your settings in a pounded/hunted out park.
The machine was able to give me more good TDI's on mixed signals which resulted in more coins coming to the surface.
Although I only landed one wheat cent, it did separate better. Got a coin next to trash and a quarter deeper than the nickle at the top side of the hole. It nailed the quarter about five inches down.
The pin pointer hit the nickle on the side of the hole.
At the very least there shouldn't have been any quarters in this area. I can see missing the wheat cent where memorials and wheat can come in close to each other.
I will keep testing with these settings at trash parks or hunted out/pounded parks.

Tony NJ

PS: sorry about the plastic bag in my hand - at this point I was exhausted and over heated

Sube, yes a wheat cent is good at some sites.

Thanks for the insight on recovery speed of eight!

Tony N.J.