Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Took the Fisher Coinstrike Plunge!

LX Kid

After a lot of reading about the pro's and con's on a Coinstrike I went looking to trade for one. Found a good mutual trade with "Detectoraddict," a new one, with a five year warranty. Great guy to do business with! Anyway it's on the way here. Seems like there is a lot of love/hate about this detector from being noisey to not getting any depth. To me it seems from all the reviews I've read it "may" be more user error than an actual problem with this particular detector. Guess I'll find out soon enough.

Good luck LX, let us know how it goes. I've never used one but I'm sure once you get past the learning curve it will be a great detector. Hey, it's a Fisher!

Kent

How are you doing with your Coinstrike?

It takes a little while to learn, but once you do you have a great reliable machine.

lx kid, good luck with the coinstrike, i tried one earlier this year. i took it out hunting three times and decided it wasn't my cup of tea and sent it on down the road. i really didn't give it a chance i guess, but i just didn't like the machine. it does seem like a love / hate relationship with the coinstrike.... some love them and have good luck with them, and then you have guys like me who really don't give the machine a chance and learn it. the coinstrike is different than anything i have ever used before and i think that was a big part of why i didn't like it. bad thing was when i sold it i took a beating on the machine to get rid of it. hope you have better luck with your coinstrike. hh.........roger

Sorry guys, just been too busy with other things and haven't even taken it out for one hunt yet. Started reading the manual and before I knew what was happening to sleep I went. Sure is a lot lighter than I thought it would be. All in all it's a nice detector.

The coin$trike does have very good depth and sensitivity, they are noisy if it adjusted wrong, other than that it works very very well!!

Its a nice unit but indeed a learning period. Had one when they first came out and got some nice deep silver. Would have kept but ID's rusty bottlecaps as coins..Good luck with your new weapon...If you find a way to distinguish those round rusty objects versus coins let the forum know as it has frustrated many...