Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Took a ride on the bike today up to Rhode Island.

George-CT

This water supply normally is pretty much up to the top, but with the lack of rain the last month its dropping pretty good. Where you see all the grass should be water and fish and that rock should be completely under water. There were deer feeding when I came by the first time but they had left when I returned to take these shots.

Sure was a relaxing spot.Found an ice cream place out in the boonies we ride to on Tuesday nights so grabbed a maple walnut Sunday and came back here to let my mind drift about. Great day for a ride. Even starting to see some color here in the swamp maples and birch trees.

George-CT

from where you live to rhode island but from the looks of the pictures and the sunny day i bet it was a relaxing ride.i'd like to see newport someday,one of those interesting older cities in our country,i hear a few rich folks lived there at one time.

these last days of the summer and the thought of what it will be like in a few months make you appreciate what you have. Winter can be tough!

n/t

[quote david(tx)]from where you live to rhode island but from the looks of the pictures and the sunny day i bet it was a relaxing ride.i'd like to see newport someday,one of those interesting older cities in our country,i hear a few rich folks lived there at one time.[/quote]

really nice. Beautiful old mansions. You can go thru most of them. A friend of mine, his father owned a big farm in the middle of new port, one of the few left and they finally sold it about 7 years ago. Major mega millions. We used fly up there when he was flying and buzz the farm so his Dad new we were there. He would get us at the airport.

The pond is about 1 hour from my house. Nice ride on mostly back woods roads. Old farms that people have saved along with redoing the rock walls on them. Beautiful places. Next I go out I'll get some shots of the old farm homes...Really nice.... Newport from here is about 2 hours. The beaches where I detect are about 1 hour to Watch Hill and then as far as you want to drive additionally. I like Point Judith also...Lot of beaches, a great seafood place called George's... I like in winter when the summer crowd has gone and you can eat without taking a mortgage on your home... From Point Judith, you can watch all the fishing boats come and go. Big draggers, adn they bring in some great fish of all sorts throughout the year. Cod in winter, you name it in summer. You can also catch a ferry ride to Block Island from there. Great place to go in summer. Lots of beaches, great food. Come labor day, its all closed up. Then there may be 300 people on the island. Fun place to bike ride around the island. If your a diver, lots of old wrecks around the island also.

RI is a nice state. Fuel there yesterday as $2.61 a gal. Sure better than here in CT.

i paid 2.57 yesterday and the town that use to have the cheapest gas had a low price of 2.64.glad i waited till i got closer to home.never been a big shell fish fan but i really like cod fish especially breaded and fried,i think i'd like it around there.i watched a travel show and they said the same thing,wait for the summer crowds to leave then show up.