Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Took a little hike yesterday down one of my logging

George-CT

trails down into a ravine on the property here. Actually we cut it in for my wifes horses to start with but have selective cut it over the years. Still alot of junk in this area but I like the spot with the mixture of hemlock in it so don't cut there now unless something goes down. As you can see the last 2 days of warm temps and a lot of rain, took most of the snow away. Once at the bottom of the hill your into a very old what was once a big river. Lots of stones here and there and some you can see where the ice cracked them open. Here and there a tree down just from what we have had so far this winter.

At any rate, it was a nice day to get out. Its snowing here now again and temps are dropping fast. By tomorrow the temps will be 20's for highs and single number lows at night. The little bit of snow lets me play in the woods more now and I found a bunch of dead stuff down so might as well use the break in winter weather to get it. Here I just use my quad and wagon and pull up enough for a day or so.
I just like being out there. These expand up pretty good when clicked on.

George-CT

#1 is from my house heading down to the ravine.

#2 trail weaving down the hill.

#3 more of the trail headed down. Fun on the quad or the horse.

#4 this is at the bottom of the ravine and runs along side a decent trout brook. This area here used to be my rifle range but in summer its to buggy so I moved it up on the hill off my back porch. The next picture is the other half of the flat area.

#5 Other half of rifle range. Had a portable gazebo down here and reloading bench at one time. Moved it all up top on top of the hill years later.

#6 This last shot I took for those of you who don't live in the northern areas of the country. You can easy see what water/ice does when it finds a crack in a rock. The green stuff is on them year round. This is just off the edge of the brook which was way back when the outflow of a real deep ravine glacier cut. I will get pictures of that. Easy place to get hurt on the ice as it stays in there until late spring so I only go in there when I have someone with me. It should make some neat show and tell pictures.
These rocks around these parts are so plentyfull they are called Connecticut flowers. I have taken a few deer off this rock. Nice spot to lean against and about 80 yards from a nice brook crossing the deer use. The trout in here are just small native brookies but lots of fun to catch on a fly rod. In the last 5 years or so I've gone to a catch and release program if they don't swallow the hook. I just enjoy catching them. Most trout in this area are stocked trout in the ponds a larger streams. There ok but no taste to them.

these are special places! I have many that sadly i do not live next to.
Having Brookies to play with in a stream is just super:thumbup: I have only found a few places in my life where there were Brook Trout that had the deep orange flesh and were good eating, just a very few streams and some lakes where they had shrimp and such to eat.

n/t

n/t