Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

tolen id

WhitesMan

hi everyone,

found these two old tokens in an older part of town with my mxt. there is no date nor a name of anykind. i was wondering if anyone out there had an idea on what they were used for and or what time period. the old penny and st christopher were found in the same lot. picture is not the best. thanks for looking and hh.

I have dug a few tokens like yours. I have also seen them at carnivals to pay for the rides and games etc. HH Dennis in Idaho

I bet they say "NO CASH VALUE" on the back of them don't they? These are slightly bigger than a quarter too, but not much as they are used in different types of games where you are not suppose to use quarters in. I have a couple Japanese slot machines that uses these and have over 1000 of these tokens, many with the eagle on them. I have seen these used in arcade games like Chucky Cheese, but those are the same size but they have their logo on them. I don't think they are over 10 years old as I started finding these too about 5 years ago.

Rick

Doesn't matter if they are old or not....you were out detecting and finding things. Thanks so much for sharing it with us WhitesMan. We love to hear about finds and looking at the pictures.

Hopefully I'll have something to post later on....sure is a nice day out and my detector is screaming to be used! HH to all, Nancy

rick, you are right on with your description. thanks for the insight. i had no clue as to how old they were or what they were used for. hh to ya.
bob in phoenix

thats good advise Nancy. thank you. for someone who does not understand our hobby they, have no idea how relaxing it can be to be out on a nice day detecting. I've been viewing this site for sometime now after the good folks at whites told me about it. this is my first posting. you an your husband have been posting some real nice finds along with the other folks. thanks for looking an hh to you both.
bob from phoenix