Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Token or wartime food stamp

Terry

I would like to raise a question I have about battery voltage. At one time I read that battery voltage does not really matter due to the fact that the voltage is regulated. I think I have to disagree. The other day I was hunting a freshly cultivated field that used to be an old town site in the late 1800's. The outside temp was -1 degree Celsius. I had been hunting for three hours without much success. My battery voltage showed less than half, so I decided to replace the batteries with new ones I had in my pocket. The battery voltage was now 100%. I could not believe the responses I was getting. Within half an hour going over the same ground I had previously covered, I found seven coins and one token. All the coins except the token were almost on the surface.The warble signal came in loud and clear and the number of signals were easily tripled. I'm using an mine explorer xs and I know for a fact that toppled battery voltage makes a difference. Especially on cold days. By the way the oldest coin was 1900 to the newest which was 1911.

Sounds interesting! I never would have thought that something like what you have just mentioned would play a factor in response to targets when it is cold out. Very interesting indeed! I will have to keep that in mind if I am out when it is really cold out and see if I have any kind of improvements like you did. Thanks for the heads up and I wish you continued success at that old Town Site of yours. Good Luck and HH.

I agree 100% that was one of my known facts about the explorer II. It does operate more stable on a full charge and new batteries, especially in cold weather. I also noticed it operates a little hotter when you first turn it on. just my observations.

Tom

I have often wondered about the difference in voltage between using the rechargeable battery pod and the alkaline pack with a quality alkaline battery like a Duracell inside vs. a rechargeable AA. Aren't alkalines rated at a higher voltage that NiCd and the others?
I wonder if the slightly higher voltage that you get from 8 AA cells makes and sort of performance difference. The Duracells certainly last a long time. Based on your post I would not be surprised if the Duracells make the XS (or II, SE) a better machine. Comments?