Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Today's MXT finds

Lunker Hunter

5 Clad quarters
6 clad dimes
16 clad pennies
3 wheat cents
3 Buffalo nickels:super:
1 1902 Barber dime
1 Canadian cent

Off early in the morning, was there a while,found my first Buffalo and was very happy,also my very first Barber, the Buffalos were iffy and i wasn't going to dig them but I'm glad i did, on one of them i covered the hole started to walk away and said to myself keep digging and to my surprise another Buffalo.Man am i happy i bought this MXT,i want to get the 10x12 SEF for it see what else is down there deep.

I'm stoked for you. I can't wait to find my first Buffalo and Barber. Nice job.
HH
Scott

Thanks Scott.yeah man I'm so happy,its like my 7th outing with the MXT and I'm loving this machine,Unfortunately only one Buffalo has a visible date which is 1927 the other 2 you can't see it at all.

I hear you LH. I've been having such a good time with my MXT I haven't given the QXT enough field time to learn it properly yet. Keep it up, you're killing it and motivating me. How many old coins and silvers have you found with that already anyway ? Geez I'm almost jealous but not at all. I'm working towards it and hopefully I'll be posting some silver coins soon.
HH
Scott

Great hunt Lunker Hunter nice finds . The MXT is a great machine as your finding out . congrats

Harold

Thanks guys,well so far 7outings =2 silver dimes a few wheats, 3 Bufallos and like 6 dollars in clad Scott. I love the MXT, once i get the 10x12 SEF i think my finds will be better.

Nice! Still looking for my first Barber...any dates on the Buffalos? Try a couple hours soak in ketchup. I did this to a no-date and it ended up being a 1916.

The only one i can read Bob is a 1927,also how do you like your 10x12, i plan on ordering one next week.

Now those are nice finds.
On coins that are so worn, I don't suppose it would matter if you put them through
a rock tumbler. What do you all think?
Katz

I've never used a rock tumbler, I'm sure someone here has and will be able to give better input, i was thinking of getting an ultrasonic cleaner with some CLR and water, Try different ratios on modern coins first.

Excellent finds! I love the Barber coins and especially the older nickels.:thumbup: Way to go and super finds! I can't wait to hear if you get any more good finds there. I bet you will! We're hoping we can get out soon. Thanks for sharing and HH, Nancy

Nancy you and Larry are more than welcome to travel those 3 hours to get here LOL,I'm sure we will have a blast ill make some smoked ribs when we get back.

Sounds great to us....I too make a pretty mean rack of smoked BBQ ribs. [attachment 155511 Cooking.jpg] Somehow I would think that you're weather is even a bit colder than here. :blink: I'm becoming a weather wimp in my old age. :devil: You're more than welcome down this way also. HH, Nancy