Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Todays hunt give me three 1800s coins one being a Seated. :detecting:

MikeO

Staff member
Picked up my hunting buddy early and we headed to a place we have been hunting for about 15 years.
It was so dry this summer digging was almost impossible here but, the rain and colder weather made it quite pleasant today.
Last night my dog got a hold of the 1/4 plug on my Grey Ghost and decided to chew it up making it UN-usable so, I had to grab the stock Koss I had laying around. :argue:
Luckily my buddy switched me as he really does not have the hearing I have and said he did not mind switching me.
I will have to take an old pair that is not good and steal the plug off the end for my pair or go to the Shack.
So on to the hunt and what a nice day it was after the Sun came up.

Right off the bat my buddy called me over and said listen to the signal. It was his very first dig to boot.
We both agreed it was a Indian and sure enough below is his Indian he dug today.
[attachment 251788 1213127.jpg]

I gave him a high five then went on detecting.
My first keeper came about fifteen minutes later with a 1882 Indian.
It was a very very faint signal that sounded just like an Indian. It was about 7 inches deep.
Here is a picture as dug.
[attachment 251789 1213122.jpg]

My next big surprise was near an old tree that was super deep and faint it was bouncing all across the top of the screen.
I have dug seated coins many times here before but, figured most where long gone.
It was a surprise at about 9 niches to see a silver coin. I thought it was a Barber until I knocked the dirt off of it.
Here is a picture as dug.
[attachment 251790 1213124.jpg]

My last decent coin came toward the end of our hunt and it was a dead on Indian signal tone and screen hit that anyone would dig.
It was about 6 inches deep. It turned out to be a 1898 Indian Head.

This time I thought I would post a picture of the junk we dug today.
I went after a lot of pull-tab area hit hoping for something really special but, not today.
I did eyeball a cell-phone which I will try to recharge and call the owner and return if possible.
[attachment 251791 1213126.jpg]

Below are my keepers for the day a well worn 1889 Seated Dime, and two Indians a 82 and 98 and a Boy Scout "Be Prepared Button"
[attachment 251792 1213125.jpg]

Here is a nice picture of my buddy swinging away as I snap a few picture after a capturing my digs..
[attachment 251793 1213121.jpg]

By the way I think the Mayan's just dig not get a big enough stone to do the calender and ran out of space.
Thanks for looking at the post and Happy Holiday's to everyone .:cheers:

What an Excellent day! Great write up and pictures too! :clapping: You put a lot of information about the signals, depth and location that makes for a very valuable post! :clapping:
Mud

Very nice finds! I would take Indians all day long!

Sweet finds! I am still looking for my first seated coin. Hope you can get back and hit it up again. - Jim

Great hunt. Thanks for sharing.

Great hunt and write up - looks like a nice spot, and you found some real beauties!