Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Todays hunt.....A mixed bag

Dan-MO

Got out today in beautiful weather for a all day dig.I must say this is the first time I have dug this many targets- both good and junk - for a year or so and the old bones are hurting tonight!

I managed a small 10k gold ring -a couple of WW1 era eagle buttons, 4 wheaties, a couple of "good for" tokens, a small sterling fork with the handle missing, and a sterling handle with the fork missing (not a match-different forks) I also found the 2 barber dimes and a love token made from a Barber dime-my first.

I told my wife that someone nearly 100 years ago thought enough of his sweetheart that he ruined a good Barber dime to engrave her name on it. She thought for a minute and asked me if would do that for her....I told her of course I would-but I would not waste a Barber-I would use a clad.....Looks like I'm sleeping on the sofa tonight.....:cry:

I hope everyone has a fine Thanksgiving!

n/t

n/t

The barbers are always fun to find and the love token just makes it all the sweeter ! I'd take those averages EVERY time ! The WWI buttons are just a little more icing on the cake too. Gotta love it !:super:

n/t

You're a pretty good detectorist, a real good story teller, but you aint worth a HOOT at bein' a politician! :lol: Your wife will not let you forget the 'clad' comment for a while.

You must be huntin' a really old site to be able to pull not one--but TWO barbers out of the ground.

Thanks for sharing the story. I look forward to hearing about more finds from this area soon! <><

aj