Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Today's Finds

Jeff in IL

Hello everyone. I was fortunate enough to find a super clean CZ7A Pro at an Antique show (of all places) in August and couldn't resist. Today was my first time out hunting and brought home a 1901 Barber dime, a 1913 Wheatie, a small lead ball, a few spent bullets and a key. After using a Minelab for the last several years, it was like old times again using a CZ.

It was like old times for me today as well using my CZ70 after not using it for several years. See my post above "A couple of firsts for me". You did better than I did. I would love to find a Barber dime. I did finally get my first Merc.

I think the best of both worlds would to have several top of the line units as our preference as for some reason one unit will pick up a coin that another misses and had this experience in small yards where I know I hit the spot but the unit in hand picked up this nice coin. For me CZ's are user friendly and of course 18-19 years experience doesn't hurt. Of course the same goes as having one unit with severals coils which seems to do the above also. Certainly not in favor of having a doz. or so units like many do as somewhere along the way we are certainly going to get confused but 2 or so to me is a good idea for the reasons stated above and for you fellas that just use one unit and excell well whatever works.

I have to agree with Dan-PA. Having a couple of decent detectors is kinda fun, and I used a CZ6A for about 10 years before I bought a Minelab Explorer II. The Explorer is a great detector, but the multiple information it gives you has been a bit fatiguing to me. I like the simple tones the Fisher gives, and I was digging any mid range tones that were 4" or deeper. Going to use the Fisher for a few more hunts, and then switch back to the Minelab for a bit as well.