Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Today's Find...well worth it

grahamcracker

Let me preface this with I have been using an SE for a little over a month (this is my first Minelab) and after some frustration I have recently started to feel comfortable with this machine. Well, today I was able to get permission from a neighbor to hunt one of their properties that dates back to the early 1800's and has never been hunted before. I was pretty excited, but after about 2 hours of hunting and nothing to show but junk this beauty popped out right next to a sidewalk. I was ecstatic to say the least, didn't think it would be that old. There must be a ton of junk because I get a ton of "nulling" on the machine. Considering the age of this house there has to be some more good coins around. Guess I will just have to go real SLOW.

nice injun the se is one nice detector what settings you hunting in the iron with lots of nulling mite be missing some good targets ive had my se bout 2 months hunt alot in all metal if im getting lots of iron go to ferrous sounds 26 auto sens deep on go slow look for quick high tone hits the minelab wiggle the goodies out real slow like big game hunting slowly sneakin up on the old hidden coins or whatevers have fun with rest of season

I researched this coin a little bit in my coin price guide and I think it may be the variety with the "L" on it. If any of you have the "Guide Book of United States Coins" check it out. The 1864 with the "L" is one of the rarest of the indian heads. I believe I can make out an "L" not positive though. Also, in the reference it says if the "L" is too worn to be seen you can see if the bust is pointed, which it only is with this variety. I'm not sure what would make the bust pointed, but if anyone has further information please let me know. Thanks

Nice injun grahamcracker.:clapping: That looks like a promising place to detect the heck out of and GL & HH on your nect visit. Low and slow as they say. HH.

Eddie

That is the L variety because of the pointed bust, I have a couple 64's that have no L and have the straight neck. Good find!!

Congratulations on your first IH....and not just any. You gotta old one!!! Thanks for sharing the story and the pictures!!!

NebTrac