Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Today's digs & a lesson

steve in so la

I had done this park's play things about 2 months ago and dug a bunch of coins. I was thinking last night "maybe I missed some' so I went back today
& dug almost all sounds. I got the 29 coins and a diamond looking ring.

redo%20park%201_zpsdydcicxf.jpg

All the coins came from 3-5 inches deep so I'm sure I had left them before. Plus all the ground is packed dirt, no grass at all.
Old dogs new tricks I guess.

redo%20park%202_zpslsinjgkj.jpg

The stone in the ring sure sparkled plus it had 6 prongs to hold the stone so I tested it with my diamond kit & no go on either the stone or the band. I expected that as the metal looked scrungy. However, one time I dug a big man's ring that was all scrungy as well but on further examination it had 14K on it so a friend who worked in a jewelry store cleaned it up and it was all gold. They put 6 in usually on precious stones only for security.
I now wonder how many sites I have hit still have coins waiting for me ?

Steve in so la

Sounds like a million more coins are waiting for you! :detecting:

Sorry the ring wasn't gold or a diamond, but there is always next time! I used to go back to the play areas I had detected before because they would fill up with lost coins and items again! Sometimes someone else would beat me to them but other times I would be the first, so you never know what you may find by hunting the same areas over and over! :angel: Ma