Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Todays clad, tomorrows treasure?

SeattleALE

Just thought I'd throw this one out there for the fun of it. I was thinking about how crappy all of those Zinc pennies and clad coins look coming out of the ground as compared to a nice pre-65 silver. Undoubtedly, pre-65 coins will always have a collectable value but in 100 years, don't you think the zincs and clads will too? Since they can't take much abuse, in the future they may be prized if in good condition!

Stock up on those mint clads today and your children

1. Coins are minted in MUCH greater quantities, there will be plenty for all the collectors who want them. Do you ever think ANYONE will ever want a worn 1964 nickel?

2. Coins have less spending power (i.e. less value). We can easily set aside $20 in coins without it being a financial hardship. Think about what 25

At least mint stamps, as they are still worth that for postage... I used to get stamps from a dealer who sent mint 1940's stamps for the return of the stamps or the check, of course I kept those and used new stamps

http://www.hgitner.com/postage.html

$200 face $179.00
$300 face $269.00

Any stamp dealers who do volume buying will have it. Some guys are cheaper than others, and the more you buy, the more discount you get, especially if you're willing to take low denominations, 3

I worked in a coin shop for a few years, plus buy and sell coins on ebay occasionally. The new stuff is all "hype", ie: State Quarters, Nickels, and everthing else the US Mint is marketing. I can remember a time when 1970 D Kennedy Halves were a big buck coin but now are cheap. I learned in the coin business that "nothing is rare". All the dates and mint marks are out there, in collections, it just takes a patience and cash to find them, and you can get just about anything you want. Except for the 1909 O Barber Quarter. Tough to find in grades of Very Good and up.

I'd rather my grandkids find a gateway computer box with old tin type photos of Civil War soldiers, dirt road town scenes, and 1900's postcard's from Expositions and fairs. A few old letters from the 1800's that you can get at any Stamp show, and anything early American in print or photos.

Our world is changing with advances in technology rapidly. I believe our present internet generation is experincing a similar transitional peroid compared to the generation of people that went through the Industrial Revolution when Eli Whitney introduced the Cotton Gin that revolutionized the world as people knew it at that time in history.

We are in the infancy of the internet and related technologies. Within 20 years everything we know will be obsolete. The next generations of children will know plastic and "chips" and everthing from the past will be stored in data somewhere.

Now is the time to buy and hold on "old stuff" from 1900's and earlier and pass it on to our grandchildren.

I'm 44 years old. I think back to what was pitched when I was a kid, old baseball cards, vintage MAD Magizines from the 60's, toys, etc., from uncles and cousins that passed it down to me when they discovered the world of cars, chicks, the Beatles, etc. My parents pitched it or gave it away when I got older. I wish I had that stuff now. Especially the Vintage "Lost In Space" Robot that I blew up with an H-100 firecracker in the late 1970's with my buddies while buzzed on 3.2% beer.

Use the stamp as postage and get 100% of the value.EXAMPLE+1946 2 cent stamp + a 35 cent stamp.The postal service always honored it,or turn them in to the post office.

that's why these are sold at a discount. Perfectly vaild for use and payment of postage, but no returns, refunds or exchanges on stamps.