Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Today's Beach Finds

Weekendwarrior

Received my refurbished Cobra beach Magnet that I bought for $155.00 from eBay and put her to the test. The weather conditions: 87 degrees and the water was glass, perfect testing grounds considering I have never MDed in water before:clapping:. After getting through the awkwardness of trying to hold onto the MDer so it would not sink and use my scoop, I soon discovered the MDer would float so it was easy after an hour or so. I think I am going to get a good divers mask for my next outing as I caugh myself hitting targets about chest deep but did not retrieve any of them as I was unprepared:confused:. Still am happy with the finds: Plastic soldier, 4 beach tent pins, fishing weight, $1.16, allen wrench, regular wrech, & a fishing swivel: found the plastic soldier in about 3ft of water while digging to find the wrench.

Next will be coins and jewelry for you..This was just a practice run.:detecting:

I only dream of glass smooth water. I don't get to the beach frequently so I don't see those days. When you get called into the waves ... you may want to keep the detector attached. I found some boogy board leashes lost on the beach that I picked up and use to tie the detector to one wrist and the scoop to the other so that when I get tumbled by the waves, I am not separated from the detector or scoop. The first time I got tumbled, only the detector was on a leash. It took me a couple of minutes to find the scoop even though the handle floats and was breaking the surface once I spotted it. It's great to start off with finds! Great job!

I appreciate all the advice. Yes, I was wondering what kind of contraption I could use for the rougher day to keep everything attached and not lose anything.