Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

today

captRobert

5th of July,

Arrived at the beach about 8:30 hunted for two hours with my ol trusty detectorpro wader.....a great machine by the way....targets are BANG crisp and clear....

See the car its one of 15 I pulled out of one hole...some little kid must of buried his loot and forgot where he hid it....anyway..there were all types of models trucks, sports cars and classics....I found another little tyke and gave him all but the chevy....I had the real one long ago..so its a reminder for me...

beach was a bit messed up with trash from the night before but targets were VERY numerous..coin drops EVERY where....I got tired of digging quarters if you can believe it...No I did'nt think you would...

also got a new dollar coin..interesting...

pulled the rings from the wet sand, they were deep, at least 8" or more..silver and 14kt band....Bands, I'm really tired of plain ol bands if you can believe it...no I did'nt think so...

also found a pair of sun glasses and a nice working Nikon camera which was just claimed and pronounced "its hers now". Just when I thought I 'd have a nice camera to take pic's with.:shrug:.
.both were dry sand finds and fully buried yet rang out ok....

tribute i guess...

I just Love plundering the beach bank, is this a great hobbie or what!

captn

You must have pinched yourself just to make sure you weren't dreaming ! What are the odds of finding something like that...especially one that still works ! Congratulations !

Are you hunting fresh or salt water mate? In my salt water, that machine is noisy and depth was poor. Glad to see it is working for you sir! It is definitely working well! Nice lode!

Ya I heard that the wader has problems on some beaches. I have'nt experienced it yet.

I hunt mostly west coast saltwater. the beaches I work are are somewhat mineralized , pockets of blacksand. While it can get noisy in the water, backing off on the sens a click will calm it down, not get rid of it.. I dont use discrim at all in the water or wet sand. Targets arn't usually that frequent but even when there is a background noise, surge noise, still very discernable, good targets coins, rings some chains etc. I've owned a number of detectors and its depth is on par with most mid priced ones and even some of the high priced ones. Its not an excal or PI..that i agree.

Being an old guy, I've been treasure hunting for over 40 years, arm joints are basically worn out. I needed something that was extremely light weight about two+ pounds mostly in the head phones., water proof and simple operation. operating on tones is a breeze for me, get a solid or faint target and dig.. I'm very sure that I miss a lot of stuff but i still able to find rings, jewelry now and then. I'm still looking to get an excal. Used one before but the weight was a problem. maybe hip mount it this time.