Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Today was absolutely spectacular... No wind.. temp in the high 70s.. I could not let that go to waste so, following Arkies pictures of his points...

Micheal_R

Staff member
I decided to try again at Burton. Remember that place Sunny, Royal, Wayne, et al? We [Terryl and I] drove out there and paused for a couple of minutes to just breathe in and revel in the gorgeous view. We found a lot of loon feathers [Terryl collects them] and not too much else... Until we started to head back to the car. Terryl found a green jasper arrowhead.. I picked up this beauty.[attachment 36013 thunmbscraper-017.jpg]

It is a thumbscraper and it is my first. As well, it is made of obsidian... Also a first for me.

When we came back to the farm, we paused for some tea on the new porch. I looking out on the driveway, I saw a couple of butterflies sunning themselves. they are getting towards the end of their life cycle, but even with the tatty wings and tails, they are still very nice to look at.[attachment 36016 butterfly-015.jpg]

All in all, a very nice day.

By the way Arkie, Alice and I made a batch of yours and Gigi's salsa.. Turned out great!!! :)

Calm seas, fair winds

M

up this morning, put on a ball cap, jeans and hiking boots and went down to the river. I did not find an arrowhead, but it was great exercise, and I think it needs to get a bit cooler.

Then I came home and decided I needed to do a bit of research, so if I DID find something, I would at least know what it is.

To give you an idea of what lies practically in my front yard, go to the web site www.Arkansasheadhunters.com . I'll double check this, but I think it is right! The canoe is awesome, and just a bit of a float trip down the river from me.:)

I have not found any Indian artifact made out of obsidian down here in South Texas. I did find an arrowhead made from obsidian in the Wichita Mountains of Oklahoma many years ago. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

n/t

n/t

at the border, but Sunny had no trouble bringing her arrowhead home. Is there any legal way to bring them home to the States? How did Sunny get by Customs with her arrowhead, hide it on her body somewhere? Do you get searched twice...once by the Canadians and then by the Americans? Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

what does obsidian mean? Is there anything that you can recommend I read regarding Indian Relics? I spent about an hour and a half in a bookstore here today, also and the pickins were slim.

Maybe go to the local library and find something about the Native Americans in Saline County!

Stayed on the internet, and just got frustrated! :)

Gigi will be really excited that you made the salsa. It will make her day a can guarantee it!

I went out scouting this afternoon after applying the third and final coat of shellac to the "table leg" flute. It is drying right now but as soon as it cures, I post a finished product, if I can get the fetish carved up in the meantime.

It was a georgeous day here, as well.

Thanks for sharing the post and the photo of the thumbscraper.

aj

Royal saw a part of the collection when he went over to visit these people. If they do not know what it is, no one does>> :)

Obsidian is volcanic glass. To this day, it is still used in some surgeries..Eyes, etc.

Obsidian is pretty scarce up here so i feel fortunate to have even found anything made of it!! :)

calm seas

M

It probably is some obscure law about who knows what. Royal just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time>>
:)

fair winds

M

n/t

Never used to look that hard but I am now. In early spring a buddy of mine found two nice arrowheads and a hide scraper. It was pretty cool, to say the least. That's a nice piece Mike. I'm hoping to have some good fortune myself in that department. I think I prefer artifacts like that over any coin. Do they sell "arrowhead detectors" ??:wiggle: