Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Today+ My lunch break+ x70 +My finds = Really weird + pics

Icehouse

Things just get more interesting every day it seems. I went out today on my lunch break and did a little hunting for 25-30 minutes. I have posted two pics. The top pic is of my finds. In the first pic you will see a really squished 196? lincoln memorial penny. When I found this item @ about 4 inches I immediately knew it was copper by the color and after brushing it off a bit I also concluded to what happened to this poor penny. Have you ever as a child put coins on the train tracks? If you have ever done this then this is what happens lol. There are train tracks close by so this is my only assumption. It rang out clearly penny on the x70.

The "wierd" coin that has led me to search on the net with no good conclusion as to why it is the way it is, is the 1978 quarter on the left. I found it shallow @ 1 inch max. In the second picture I am holding this 78' quarter on edge and you can see the strange edge of this coin. The inner depressed section has the typical ridges that you would normally see on these quarters and the outer edges are raised, smooth and well above the inner section consistently around the whole 360 dergees of this coin's edge .

Has anyone ever seen something like this on a us quarter or other ridged us coin? I tried searching mis-strike us quarters on the WWW but could not find anything like this but I may not be using the right terminology.

Just wondering and thank-you so very much for anything that may explain this weird quarter.

9_08.jpg

25cedge.jpg

I have a clad quarter that clearly has something sandwiched in the middle. It is large enough to protrude equally on both sides and yet it made it into circulation.
Mark

Well congrats on the finds! A train smashed penny and a "mis strike quarter! I would say a very interesting hunt for sure, Beale.