Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

To those trying to help me find gold!

CliffHanger

The ground around the picnic tables in some parks I detect is saturated with foil, tabs, caps, screwtops and lawnmower shredded cans. The farther away from the tables the less trash. But still mucho el trasho everywhere.

When I use my Lobo ST in these areas, the ground toggle is set on Normal Soil. Discrimination is on and set at max (10). Sensitivity is at 10. Threshold is about a 1/4 to 1/2. I simply turn the wolf (Lobo) on and go. I find copper pennies, dimes, quarters and silver and jewelry. Also fishing sinkers and some other odds and ends from interesting to junk. The main thing is NO TABS, NO FOIL and very few caps/screwtops. I watch friends with popular makes and models of detectors with visual target ID that audibly sound off on everything the coil passes over. These guys leave these heavy junk areas in disgust because it takes so long to analyze all the targets they encounter. I go right over that junk.

I will hear chatter from some junk but it is way different sounding than the BINGO sound of a good or most probably good target. And, most targets are good.

Running my Lobo as described above I have yet to hunt with anyone that has found more coins than I, except on planted hunts. But put us in the real world (parks, school yards, camp grounds etc.etc.) and watch out!

Spurred on by the feedback I recently received from some terrific gentleman about gold hunting I decided to set the discrimination at 1 1/2 and hit the park and 'go for the gold.'

Knowing full well the LST will easily find a small paper staple I, nevertheless, resolutely and with head held high, crossed the parking lot. Then the road. Then I stepped over the low cable fence onto the grass and put my trusty Lobo to work. I had not gone but three feet when the wolf howled. I turned the discrimination up and the tone went away at about 3 1/2. BINGO. It must be a gold ringo. I pinpointed and then, with eager anticipation, I dug. It was a small piece of an aluminum can.
I filled in the hole and being pissed off to say the least, I stood up straight. I said aloud. Screw those gold finding sob's! They can keep it!!! I'm sticking to silver and coins and I turned the discrimination all the way up to max and had a great time for the next couple of hours.

I would love to find gold jewelry regularly but I am spoiled at not having to dig crap. And I still find a bunch of rings. The photos are of some of my finds with my trusty Lobo. And yes, there is even some gold. A gold chain, two gold rings, a gold medallion and a gold and diamond tooth grill.

Again, I want to thank you gentleman who have given your time and expertise.
It was will taken and I will eventually get myself into the gold mode. I have no problem in the mountains with wild gold. My trouble is trying to park peck gold among the trash.

My best to you all

Cliffhanger

[attachment 29966 DSCN1495.JPG][attachment 29967 DSCN1496.JPG][attachment 29968 DSCN1499.JPG][attachment 29969 DSCN1500.JPG]

I also use to be a slave to the graphic ID untill I picked up a
lobo ST a couple of weeks ago. I just mostly set the discrination to 3 and explore each signal tring to figure out what it is before I dig it up. A signal that breaks up at 4 is usally a nickel, at 5 a modern sq.pulltab. at 6 and 7 its a old fashion pulltab with the beaver tail. (unless its bent or has the bevertail wrapped within the ring) A high pitched signal that breaks up at 8 is a bottle cap and a normal signal is a zink penny. Found my first (Been detecting almost 3 years) 14k gold ring at the old fashion pulltab range. I can sometimes tell when its a sq.pulltab by the way the Lobo sounds off as I travel around the spot with the coil. The same with lawn mower shreds.
The Lobo is a nice detector. I love it. Im still using only the stock coil but plan on getting a better coil thats more suited for coin shooting in the future.

What a great post! I know how you feel digging up so much trash, I have done a lot of that in the last 2 years with my cheap detector, but I just got my Lobo today and plan on doing a lot of the same type of hunting you're doing. I will also get into looking for gold as I am in prime gold country here in Montana. Good luck and thanks for the great info. I will be picking your brain and many more for settings to use in different situations.