Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

To Steve in s az re: refin

Danny (OBX)

Steve, I have wanted to send some of the gold (rings and things) to be refined, but can you give some infoimation. I am just trying to determine what kind of $ amount would be returned or how much weight is worth sending. Thanks for any information you can give.

Hi Danny - Any amount is worth sending as long as it is above the postage I guess. They give you 94 % of the day's spot price - the day they open it up and weigh it. And you know that 14 K is a little more than 1/2 purity - for example. 24 karat would bring the total spot price minus the 6 %. I have never had any problems and a bunch of guys on the surf forums like them as well. If an article that you send does not test out as gold then they send a pic of it and if you want it back you pay postage. The few things that I have sent that were not gold were not worth keeping.
Since my last post on sending it I have sent some more - my last 2 1/2 years gold / silver finds, lots of silver this time. Got about 400 bux.
Good luck, Steve in so az

I have about 38 14 kt gold rings (mostly wedding bands). Just a rough idea what this should bring? How many rings did you send to bring the $400.00? You also sent the silver rings?

It doesn't matter how many rings you have - what matters is the weight of them, so it's impossible to say. The silver items didnt bring much as silver is about 6-7 bucks an ounce now. Also, if you have any stones in the rings either keep them - if valuable - or they will knock them out before weighing them.
The first time i sent stuff in I got over 500 bux. I had 1/2 of an international coffee can full of gold plus about 50 silver rings.. Thats the swiss mocha coffee stuff. steve