Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

to post or not to post

donlor4u

I do consider other’s feelings. It seems like some feel I have posted here to be a teacher. Let me state plainly - I have no dog in any of the disputes here. I do not need the affirmation of any but only of God. As for being a teacher, I do have a natural bent towards presenting what I believe to be truth directly & perhaps even forcibly. But, I do take care not to disparage another person. What is my primary motive in posting - simply, to honor truth.
There has been very little presented that in any way cogently disputes points I have made. If this is not the place for mature debate - then so be it. I have no need to “preach into the wind.”
I was intending to present to calabash digger my reasons for asserting that eternal security is both a necessary & proper part of doctrine. There is scripture that can be termed “an inconvenient truth.”
I always assume any poster to be an honest broker unless I would have very good reason to believe otherwise. Yes, we all do see in part & that dimly. This is why I have always appreciated any opportunity to buy experience cheaply. I value any insight on anything that is presented.
Like-mindedness, in & of itself, can be good or bad. Where it is a unity that accomplishes something of worth - that is good. Where like-mindedness stifles examination & debate it is restrictive & deserving of rejection. Affinity or feeling good is never more important than truth.
If I am welcome to post here I will continue. If not - that does not offend me - I will leave.

I would love to open a discussion on this topic , we are the bad guys for quoting scriptures. I never thought I would see a day when I would be ridiculed for quoting bible texts to fellow brothers and sisters. QUOTING BIBLE VERSES I mean is that backwards or what. People really get troubled when you open the bible and actually show whats it says on some topics . The bible is harsh in some places about some topics seems like most want to sweep that under the rug and pretend it doesnt even exist. I here the word truth throwed around alot and how im blind and cant see and Im being used by the devil etc. What a joke been quoting almost straight scripture and they just cant stand to hear it because it doesnt fit their TRADITION and thats exactly what it is tradition. I know they want me to leave or for me to shutup .

First a statement. This long time peaceful forum is like a family. I have hosted 7 forum hunts here in MI where many of the folks came and met each other and made life long friends. We have had about 10 years of Christmas gift exchange, we have watched each others kids be born and celebrated these and other moments. We share prayer requests, and mourn for others when they have lost a loved one. We also are happy to see the finds that others make here. Those are just some of the things that brought us together. Now the question… Why don't you reply to peoples posts about prayer requests, or when they post their finds, or other non controversial posts? This is what a family does.

Why don't you guys have open discussion between the two of you via email of private message? Seems this was mentioned earlier and would help to smooth things out on the forum. I don't think folks want to sweep things under the rug, I think they just don't want to argue these topics here on a forum that we enjoy.

Thank you Mike!

Thank you, Mike! I have trouble seeing any more, so reading all those scriptures, although no matter how well meant they may be, I just cannot do any longer! I have my Bible and with the Thompson Chain of the KJV, I can search easier from it and not from looking up scriptures in answer to what people may ask or post on here, so I know who I am in Christ Jesus and I can't tell the whole world what the Bible says or doesn't say; therefore I will post my poems, past finds and other things that may be interesting to others on here, for they can read and look or not read and not look! They have the opportunity to not open the posts and just go on and open those they prefer or rather to read or see!

May God Bless and bring PEACE again to the CMD Forum family! I think we are here to uplift each other and pray for others and our nation....that is going into Satan's Hell as fast as it can! On here if we disagree to someone's belief, but they know Jesus and are ready to meet Jesus in the air, that is what matters we just agree to disagree! There are other forums who do that and I was banned from one for preaching and teaching what I believed to be God's truth...but too many different ideas of Christianity or religions, so trouble occurred and satan won on that forum, don't even remember the name of it anymore! Another member on here, was completely banned from this forum and all Finds Forums! So SAD!! So to teach God's truth as we each interpret it to be causes so much trouble and disturbs the forum for what it was set up to do....MD'ing, Prayers for one another and our faith in Christ in the denomination by which we were saved but to argue about it is absolutely not good! It is knowing Jesus as Savior and Lord and aren't ashamed to speak His name and we who know and love Him will call Him Lord! Amen! :angel: Ma

I have not posted about finds because I am going through drug therapy which leaves me quite fatigued & have not been out to detect. I have not asked for prayer for 2 reasons - the therapy is successful & I have a few people who I would trust to pray for me. As for why I do not join in on saying site prayers - I consider that when & if I pray - that this to be a personal issue between God & me (Matt 23:14). I did bless everyone for father’s day & commend betty on her posted poem previously.
There are multitudes of flavors of ice-cream but only 1 taste for salt. It appears that it is the preference here that this be an ice-cream site - so be it. This does not surprise but rather saddens me. I hoped but did not expect. What we see in “education,” “tolerance,” “reasoning’s” politics, etc is both mind-boggling & frightening.
If I were the moderator - how would’ve I handled my post. I would’ve waited for the other members to post their thoughts & feelings before I said anything. But, if I were to post first I would’ve only asked for the other members to speak freely. I find there to be little but “amens” to the moderator’s post. Many are most truly “sheepish” & loath to go against authority but would rather curry favor - it is as it is. I shall honor my word.

So sorry you feel that way, as this Forum is for friendship among the brothers and sisters and not to argue what saves rather than Who saves! We don't agree with everyone who posts on here, but we agree to disagree! I think, me anyway, that you need to find a Christian or Religious Forum where you can post what you desire for the saving of the soul, beyond that is of being saved in Jesus Christ! Billy Graham preached and souls were saved or not saved for only God knows the sincere heart and then He told them to find a church of their own to attend and grow spiritually in the Lord and the knowledge of God's Word! I don't think (but just me) that he told them any particular one to attend but evangical! So, I guess many have lost their way by not adhering to the preachers in the churches who preach exactly how we are to live under Paul's teachings!

I don't want to argue or lead anyone astray, but to say we are not what you perceive as Christians is uncalled for! There are so many issues in this nation that are so terrible and will and are leading ppl astray not only to Hell but into slavery by a Muslim who lives by the Qu'ran and both BO and Hillery helping to murder millions of innocent babies and even our own military men in Benghazi which is bad enough, but for Christians to argue among ourselves and say, just because we don't follow and obey certain scriptures is leading souls into the Lake of Fire! Only God knows His own and whether our hearts are sincere in believing in Jesus Christ as our own personal Savior and Lord and He is our final Judge!

I hope anyone who wants to believe that their way is the only way will find a forum where they can post for others to agree or disagree with them, where there is more time for doing so than on this forum! I tried on another forum several years ago and because of the arguing and stress on it, Finds Forum banned me from that forum and another member on the CMD Forum was banned from posting on all of the Find Forums! So, argue away guys and you may just get banned off here and all of the Find Forums! I wish you success in your witnessing and hope what you want and where you want to do it is successful! I am glad you are going through drug therapy and CD has conquered drugs through the help of Jesus and I pray nothing but the best for both of you!

Our Lord is Almighty and a Miracle Making God Who can do all things and He will intercede in our lives and make us far better than we can even imagine when we give Him our all and hold nothing back, for He knows all about us anyway! You are welcome, but only by accepting each one on here as family, for that is what we are on the CMD Forum! When I was first truly saved in the first 10-15 years I was gungho for Jesus too and wanted to save the world, but only God can do that through His Spiritually calling us one by one and then serving Him in the gifts He gives us to use for Him as an obedient servant of the Lord Jesus Christ! Love in Christ Jesus! Amen! Sister Ma Betty

Missouri--Ma Betty said:
So sorry you feel that way, as this Forum is for friendship among the brothers and sisters and not to argue what saves rather than Who saves! We don't agree with everyone who posts on here, but we agree to disagree! I think, me anyway, that you need to find a Christian or Religious Forum where you can post what you desire for the saving of the soul, beyond that is of being saved in Jesus Christ! Billy Graham preached and souls were saved or not saved for only God knows the sincere heart and then He told them to find a church of their own to attend and grow spiritually in the Lord and the knowledge of God's Word! I don't think (but just me) that he told them any particular one to attend but evangical! So, I guess many have lost their way by not adhering to the preachers in the churches who preach exactly how we are to live under Paul's teachings!

I don't want to argue or lead anyone astray, but to say we are not what you perceive as Christians is uncalled for! There are so many issues in this nation that are so terrible and will and are leading ppl astray not only to Hell but into slavery by a Muslim who lives by the Qu'ran and both BO and Hillery helping to murder millions of innocent babies and even our own military men in Benghazi which is bad enough, but for Christians to argue among ourselves and say, just because we don't follow and obey certain scriptures is leading souls into the Lake of Fire! Only God knows His own and whether our hearts are sincere in believing in Jesus Christ as our own personal Savior and Lord and He is our final Judge!

I hope anyone who wants to believe that their way is the only way will find a forum where they can post for others to agree or disagree with them, where there is more time for doing so than on this forum! I tried on another forum several years ago and because of the arguing and stress on it, Finds Forum banned me from that forum and another member on the CMD Forum was banned from posting on all of the Find Forums! So, argue away guys and you may just get banned off here and all of the Find Forums! I wish you success in your witnessing and hope what you want and where you want to do it is successful! I am glad you are going through drug therapy and CD has conquered drugs through the help of Jesus and I pray nothing but the best for both of you!

Our Lord is Almighty and a Miracle Making God Who can do all things and He will intercede in our lives and make us far better than we can even imagine when we give Him our all and hold nothing back, for He knows all about us anyway! You are welcome, but only by accepting each one on here as family, for that is what we are on the CMD Forum! When I was first truly saved in the first 10-15 years I was gungho for Jesus too and wanted to save the world, but only God can do that through His Spiritually calling us one by one and then serving Him in the gifts He gives us to use for Him as an obedient servant of the Lord Jesus Christ! Love in Christ Jesus! Amen! Sister Ma Betty
......Amen!!!

betty, thank you for your consideration.
just to clarify - my drug therapy is for hep-c which I probably got from being inoculated by the “guns” they were using in the army when I was drafted in 66.
I am at a loss as to where or how anything I said was questioning any of the site posters salvation? I know I spoke of matt 7:22-23 but I believe (I have not bothered to look up the post) it had to do more with being careful to be found in the faith. It was a word of exhortation.
What I would say about bo & hc would most likely get me banned.
I have been saved for over 42 years which says nothing in & of itself. I know enough christians who have been saved for many years but still only nourish themselves on milk. I do not find pablum christianity endearing or anything to be proud of.
There has been many positions & offices I have held in the churches. I have known a goodly number of pastors from before they became pastors. I am very well acquainted with certain “luminaries” both in the non-denominational/evangelical & pentecostial churches. There are many things that have happened in churches that I have been privy to. Why do I even bother to say this - because I have a breadth & depth of practical experience that I can also glean from. Does this make me better than anyone else - absolutely not - not in the least!
Am I limited to seeing only in black or white - no. I also see shades of grey & many hues.
My first post was in reference to perry stone & more of a caution than anything else. Jude vs 3&4 are totally applicable to the times we are living in. When I see what I perceive to be a mistruth or danger - would I speak about it - yes - to not do so I would feel to be a travesty.
There is a measure of “agreeing to disagree” that is palatable but there is much more of it that I see as being used as a cop-out to excuse today’s most lax christianity. I would go so far as to say that much of what passes as being christianity today is anything but christianity. These things I could not but speak about.
What is the purpose of this post - to say that I will not be posting here. What you have is what you have & if you are content with it - so be it. I have neither the arrogance nor presumption to assert myself where I am not wanted. There is absolutely no anger or bitterness in me about this. I have learned to peacefully live with much of “it is as it is.”

"just to clarify - my drug therapy is for hep-c which I probably got from being inoculated by the “guns” they were using in the army when I was drafted in 66."

I had a friend go through this treatment a couple of years ago. It was a very devastating 6 month treatment. He almost stopped it two times because of complications. Luckily they were able to treat the side effects he was going through.
He loss a bunch of weight, had skin infections, always felt like he had the flu, was fatigue and had to have three blood transfusions because of his counts.
Praying that you fly through this treatment with minimal side effects and that your Hep c will be non-detectable.

I hate that you will not be posting anymore it really was nice to have a brother who challange me and made go into the bible and check myself. A little examination is good for the soul thanks and to my other brothers and sisters .

2COR13:5 Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you fail to meet the test!
2Co 13:6 I hope you will find out that we have not failed the test.

WITH THE TEXT! God bless

I try to consider others feelings also. I am not here to judge or tell you what to believe. Im not your ordinary mainstream individual. I may see things quite different than most of you folks. That does not make me a better person than you. If in my past posts I have insulted anyone I apologize. (Dont believe I have) However when a certain belief is addressed I will state what Gods word says as it is the ultimate authority for our lives. If someone does not agree with me, that is their right. Im not your judge. I wish the best for all of you

Thanks donlor4u, CD and irnwrkr....for answering my post....I will be praying for all of you and as far as I know concerning the CMD Forum, it is for those who believe in Jesus Christ no matter the church they attend! It is for those who want to join a group who detect, pray for others, and share their families and other things in their lives without facing bad words and contempt by those who wouldn't want to be on our CMD Forum, for there are other forums for filth and condemning one another! I sure will pray and hope all goes well in your endeavor of being able to post and have the answering of one another's beliefs for a good study of the Word of God!

Sorry, I guess we just aren't what you expected for a Christian Forum! We are a family made up of those who attend many different kinds of churches and worship in our own ways whether that be good or bad in your sight or not! We each love Jesus as our blessed Savior and Lord and we let it go at that; otherwise, we would be on another forum to preach and teach our own interpretation of our faith! Mike has even had club hunts for those who could attend in Michigan and some of us exchange Christmas presents if we should desire to do so! Like Mike, I and others have said we are family and, hopefully, we are members of the Body of Jesus and God's Family! Love you in Christ Jesus and I pray Jesus will give you the strength and comfort of His love to be all that you both can be for Him! Be healed and made well in Jesus' precious and holy name! May God Bless! Amen! :angel: Ma

some final thoughts - but first - I would like to share a site I have tremendously profited from. It is http://bookzz.org/ They have an amazing collection of religious books of all categories plus books on most other topics, pursuits, occupations, cooking etc, etc.

my drug therapy for hep-c has been manageable. I first learned of problems with my liver enzymes about 30yrs ago. I didn’t follow up on it. Later (about 5yrs) I started going to the Bklyn. V.A. for my medical needs. I had seen the outstanding care my father-in-law was getting there so I signed up. They alerted me to what my liver enzyme problem was - hep-c. We discussed the treatments available at that time. The side-effects of the then therapy were generally pretty bad. So, I decided to wait until better regimes came along since my liver was not in bad shape. It was a wise choice. The only side-effect I have is fatigue which is probably more aggravating than anything else. I relate this because of all the bad press the V.A. has gotten. I doubt none of what has been reported. But, the Bklyn. V.A. I find to be - EXCELLENT. All of the many staff people & doctors that I have dealt with have been most caring & thorough. I don’t know why this facility is so top-notch but I surmise it starts with the top management of this facility.

As for the genesis of my post “to post or not to post” perhaps there was a measure of duplicity on my part. I was already leaning towards not posting. Why? Because when I do post on matters of scripture, doctrine, propriety, church order, politics, etc I do so in a time-consuming matter. My methodology is this - I collect my initial thoughts & put them to paper - I them leave them & allow them to ruminate in my understanding. I will then go back & edit what I have written. I then repeat the process at least one more time. For me, James 1:19 is a pearl of great price “...But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger;”
It was quickly obvious to me that there was going to be little “fleshing out” of scripture here. As for what I believe to be truth & propriety - these I would contend for or against vigorously - yet, withing the boundaries of respect. In a real way I would be “disruptive.” Since I would never do less than this - I see it to be proper & fitting for me pursue other interests. My post is NOT meant in ANY way to diminish the good that is here. Your fellowship & support for each other is commendable.
God will bless us all as we pursue His best for our lives.

My former husband was a friend and a worker with a man who had Hep-C, so I understand a little about where you are coming from and PTL that the VA you went to for help was a good one and found out what was wrong and has helped you! Sorry, about your fatigue and I have that, too! I stay tired and not feeling well most of the time because of COPD, Osteoarthritis, Clinical Depression and now Parkinson's Disease that my dad and brother, Cliff, had before dying in their 70's! I am not too bad in shaking as yet, but do and don't always realize that I am until it is brought to my attention by someone or by my rattling something...sooo in this corrupted world there are sicknesses and diseases of all kinds and they happen in many ways by many causes! SAD but true! May God Bless you and help you to keep on, keepin' on for Jesus! Amen! Ma