Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

To anyone that I may have offended by my post....

Sorry..........I won't do that again.

Happy tecting everyone......

[size=large]Hey Rosco, Great post here! I applaud your apology, I give you a lot of credit for posting this. May God bless you, happy hunting, still waiting for the thaw here! Tim[/size]

Thanks Tim. I know when I've gone too far. Just did it in the wrong place. And as they say here where I live.......if you don't like the weather.......Wait till tomorrow....... (thought I'd say move huh?):surrender:

[size=medium]I wouldn't mind moving at times! Maybe my tomorrow will be soon, thanks again, Tim[/size]

[quote GarrettPredator3Massachusetts]Sounds like you are a great person replying the way you did. I was never offended. Stuff happens. Keep swinging strong!!! Happy hunting Green brother!![/quote]

Wait a minute. I"m not green, just pale from no sunshine all winter.....My detector is Yellow and only Klingons have green blood. I think......ehehe.

Takes a big man to say I'm sorry,good going. I remember when I was a trucker years ago, & somebody would come on the CB & ask hey buddy how about a 1036,& we would come back & say it was time to buy a Timex. Then we would remember that's the same thing we did before we became old "salts". lol Just move forward, I don't think any harm was done.

[quote Chuck in KY]Takes a big man to say I'm sorry,good going. I remember when I was a trucker years ago, & somebody would come on the CB & ask hey buddy how about a 1036,& we would come back & say it was time to buy a Timex. Then we would remember that's the same thing we did before we became old "salts". lol Just move forward, I don't think any harm was done.[/quote]

And as a bus driver when a person gets on my bus (and most of the other drivers do the same) when someone asks us what time it is we say......Time to buy a watch....Then we tell them the time so they don't get all p..oed and make a complaint about a rude driver......ehehehe......

Good on you Rosco! No worries, HH, Alan
post is gone now anyway.....sheriff showed up.

Well a couple who are prospective newbies are going to get the ACE 250 and the 2500 when their tax returns arrive. I took them out almost 2 hours last week detecting and they are thrilled at this hobby of detecting. Their first experience was such a nice experience to me, and now they can't wait to get a couple detectors and get out swinging again.
I loaned them some of my magazines and told them to go ahead and join in this forum since I was not able to answer some questions about the 2500 that he saw in the magazines.
I told them that this is the only forum I belong to. Folks are nice with encouragement, and it's a good place to post and answer posts. Told him to check it out a few days.
Well my friends called after work today and wanted to know if I was going detecting this weekend. After a bit of conversation he brought up where else is a good place to join a forum where folks may be more friendly. He had me a bit lost till he explained the forum post. I tried to tell him to ignore it and have fun with what you can gain from the hobby and this forum. They said that they would rather find another forum now.

I was hoping to react to their posts on this forum thinking it would be neat with folks I see face to face a few times a year. They live a few hours away.
Well I tried to get them to change their minds and am still hoping they think twice about it.
They are a quiet and respectful couple who I think are more comfortable asking question on the forum, especially to folks who have the experience on Garretts which my experience is limited. That was my reason to lead them to this forum - after I tell them how friendly folks are on this forum, and there is.
Myself I enjoy this forum and enjoy detecting for fun. Even if I don't find anything but junk during a hunt, as long as I had fun is what counts.
Lets keep folks encouraged and enjoy this fine forum and detecting.
Thanks

Thanks Bill. We've been around the "coil" so to speak since my day one, your day ONE MILLION.....Thanks for the support. I screwed up. What can I say........

Hey we all screw up. Ain't no big deal. You owned up and that's good enough. These boys should have been around ten years or so ago during the detector wars on the forums before many of the current forums existed. It was pure unadultrated slaughter. Anything went and did. It was an all out battle. The only rules were there were no rules and no forum police and no delete buttons. What got throwed out there stayed there. You had to be tough as nails to survive those. It wasn't for the faint of heart.

Bill

Bill,
What really gripes my butt is when I step in a pile of dog crap and the stink lingers in my truck for a week. Now that bothers me. :rofl:

[quote Uncle Willy]Hey we all screw up. Ain't no big deal. You owned up and that's good enough. These boys should have been around ten years or so ago during the detector wars on the forums before many of the current forums existed. It was pure unadultrated slaughter. Anything went and did. It was an all out battle. The only rules were there were no rules and no forum police and no delete buttons. What got throwed out there stayed there. You had to be tough as nails to survive those. It wasn't for the faint of heart.

Bill[/quote]Back when men were men and didn't cry to mommy like a bunch of girls:rofl:

I figure I could of made it, I was in the Marines for 8 years...:rofl: