Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tired But Happy(This is the Title to My New Book)

Grumpyolddiver

It's going to be a Love/Hate book about the Minelab Etrac Detector.Well after three days about 2hrs each.I'm begining to get the ear for silver back.The junk and scraps I sold for a big mac and fries.(not really but there was a lot.) The barber half you could'nt have missed with a radio shack detector.Down about 7 " and a solid 09/48 no matter which way I went over it.The 42 Merc was that famous iffy 12/47 warble.And the 1909vbd was just an iffy sound that I could'nt pass up(almost 10"). The sounds that come out of this detector are about as strange as they come.Just when I'm ready to throw it in the bush's It goes and shows Me Big silver.I do think half of the time I'm just not surewhat it is but dig anyway.I seem to get alot of new dimes down to 5"-6" and the ground it still awfully dry.I have been reading Andy Sab.s book again and again and am starting to do some miner adjustments.I would say that , I can't hardly wait for spring and soft ,moist ground but by then I'll have forgotten most of what the last three days taught me.By the way all three of these coin's came out of hard hit and suposedly hunted out.Hmmmmmm,Guess Not . I haven't counted up the change yet but thers atleast 40+ coins form these two parks and I by no means coverd even a small portion of them.It just seems to be harder to dig those 8-10 deep coins lately.Well I guess as long as they keep comeing up silver I should'nt complain but I think I'll go get a couple more Advill and say Good Night Gracey. ;) Grumpy

Very nice! Looks like you were well rewarded for your efforts--congratulations! I feel your pain--some days it seems like I only hear iffy and junk signals and just long for one or two unmistakable solid coin signals. I end up digging a lot of junk, but then am rewarded with one good find and then everything becomes right with the world again. Thanks for the story and picture.

The deal is Grumpy....you won't very often get a standard E-Trac sound at a hunted out park. That's why the finds are still there. Either they're deep (makes the numbers go goofy) or they are collocated with trash and that's what someone else thought, hence the reason its still there.

Congratulations on the finds! When its all said and done, most likely you'll be an expert on hearing deep coins with the E-Trac.

NebTrac

Very nice finds and a great looking Barber half. Once you learn the Minelab 'sounds' it becomes much easier.

However, there is something to be said for digging unusual or unknown sounds. Some of them will turn out to be keepers.

Rich