Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TIP: Searching in pinpoint mode near metal bars

I'm sure you all know this (especially the pros here), but for any newbies... Heres a tip. I use a GTA 1000. I discovered that it works REALLY well on playgrounds to hold down the pinpoint button while searching close to playground equipment. I scan EVERYTHING. Even under the equipment and between the steps. I have found dimes as close as 3" away from the metal poles by searching this way. Just listen for any tiny specs of beeps when going towards or pulling away from the bars, poles, and metal posts. I used to skip them all together and "stay my distance". Now I welcome them. Its not unusual to see me crawling under steps and ladders on my hands and knees like a kid to get the coins the other guys dont fool with. Its all about beating the wife to the change!! If it works, it works!

Yeah I search under everything and find goodies. I even crawled under a concession stand one time to recover some coins.

Bill

That's all metal mode hunting for you. The GTI 2500 has that mode, and you would not believe how deep that it picks up target. The cursor even ID's the conductivity for you too.

<center>