Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tip for coin finding

steve in so la

Here's something to remember, if you already haven't. When driving around keep an eye open for "estate sale " signs. I have gone to several - particularly looking for older houses - wandered around talking to the people looking for who owns the house. Then I talk to the owner and find out when they will be out of the house. Once you know this you can explain what you do for your hobby & could you get permission to detect the yard (s). Some say yes & some say no. Some will say go for it after such & such a day when they will have vacated but still own the house for a few days until the sale finalizes.

Steve in so la

I figure if they are moving, they won't mind if you detect. Just the opposite of the new owners. They probably don't want people digging in their new yard.

Mike from MI \"Iron Brigade\" said:
I figure if they are moving, they won't mind if you detect. Just the opposite of the new owners. They probably don't want people digging in their new yard.
The one I justs detected was the new owner. I asked him when he bought it. He said anytime. But they have told me no to.

Good tip Steve. Thanks. I'll keep it in mind. My 'driving around' is done on two weeks and I love it! Sister bought me a new bike for my birthday, in April, made in the Netherlands. Fantastic machine.

I did just that. Saw an old farm up for sale. They upgraded it really nicely though. Well manicured lawn etc. So I stopped in and asked the lady about if it sold yet. She said the purchase through in a week. I asked if I could detect her farm before the new owners take over.
She grimaced a little and said "No." I don't understand people. Do they think I'm going to come in with a back hoe and rip of their yard? So the goodies will stay in the ground and be of no benefit to anyone.