Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tiggyann is on a role now! :)

tiggyann

After figuring out last night that we have actually been discriminating out all the silver and gold and only digging coins and trash for 6 months got me thinking. I found gold when I decreased the discrimination and decided to try out the new settings at the park today...

And bingo after like forever I landed 2 rings. One 925 silver and the other one fake, but with pretty stones in it. I was so incredibly thrilled! Finally, I got a ring! WHOO-HOO....hoping this streak continues. :)

sorry don't know why the photo came out black and white, but here it is anyways.

krissy

and wouldn't it be ironic that the silver one has a K on it, first thing I thought was wow krissy and ring for you! :)
[attachment 46046 rings.JPG]

Why don't you tell us what kind of unit you are running and how you are set up and we'll tweak the settings if necessary to make sure you're right. Silver is about the highest conducting metal there is. Gold falls down in the lower ranges. Foil, pull-tabs, can-slaw etc. That is why when these targets are found with an Excal it sounds SO GOOD! Never hurts to double check, I'll help you if I can.
Also, look the unmarked ring over well with at least a 10 power loupe to make sure that it also is not .925 or better. Sometimes the mark is hard to read.
GH

i do not know what u have been using, but discard and forget it forever

just ask anything u like on here, no one is going to tell u the wrong things...............we all want u to find much gold so we can see it

some like the volume higher...........not me

some hunt in pin point all the time

some hunt in pin point and then switch when they hit a target

whatever floats your boat

That is great! The K ring is an Avon ring, I am wearing one with a B. I sell Avon that is how I know.. Great job!!!

well the settings didn't come from kellyco, they actually came from my husband....the funny thing is I would set the discrimination low and and then my husband would set it high, I would turn it back down and he would turn it back up, I gave up. Then last weekend we decide to take only one detector and share, and being a leo, I like to have my way, I started first with the discrimination low. I decided to turn it all the way to 2 instead of 6 like my husband kept it....5 minutes later I found gold. So I drilled it in my husbands head to stop doing that, leave my detector alone, lmao. I'm fine, I can do it myself, lmao. He sees now I was right. what am I using A fisher, aquanuat. On the lake I can run it on 2-discrimination 7-8-sensitivity. off the lake I can run 2-discrimination 10-sensitivity. and on the beach I can run 2-discrimination and 6-7 sensitivity on dry sand and 2 discrimination and 4-5 sensitivity in the wet sand. you guys are so awesome! thanks for everything...I know when I get my excalibur, I know I can get help here! :)

krissy

Well tiggy, someone else needs to step in here as I am not familiar with that particular unit. I do believe however that in the surf you should use as little discrimination as possible. You can use the Excal all the way on 1, which is the very lowest setting and cut all the ferrous iron i.e., nails, bobby pins, staples etc. Just signals all the non-ferrous targets, well bottle caps still, but it's good exercise honing yer fetching skills. I still find little fine thin gold rings at this setting. Yer gunna LOVE IT! You can get an 800 like Huntress and so many of the other ladies on the forum use. What does hubby use, if I might ask?
GH

well hubby is using the old bounty hunter that I have, my first detector. Not good in the wet sand but will dig deep in the dry sand. we share both machines.

we are getting ready to buy him a Nautilus VLF DMC II-B Metal Detector. We need a good relic hunter for our yearly trip to lake gaston, VA. We plan on hitting petersburg va again this year and do some civil war hunting. I like to hunt the surrounding areas of lake gaston. :) plus I hear this model will be good in the dry sand at the beach.

then after I get the Nautilus, then I will be working on getting my excalibur, even if I have to go swing the metal detector everyday, looking for gold to sell for my detector. :). After the past week I have had, I know anything is possible. And it can and will be mine with determination and hard work.

you know I will try it at 1-discrimination and see what it does! thanks!

krissy

wow, this is even better, cause I'm a rock collector too, But I had no rhinestones! :) And now I do, and a collectible ring to go with it! :)

krissy

well I am using the fisher Aquanaut, and really was not the machines fault, but my own. See really didn't have any gold to test the machine out on, because even though me and my husband are legally married, We still do not wear wedding bands. Long story, poor and couldn't afford them when we got married we got married with borrowed rings, and feel after 17 years of marriage, it might jinx us to get rings now. So we are happy without them. But now that I did find gold I got to hear what it sounded like and seen we were very wrong on the settings, cause the settings before wouldn't even pick up the 20 gram gold necklace. But turned the discrimination down and picks it up very nicley.

I'm very greatful for a site like this, it's very frustrating when you try so hard and so long to find something and then find out by own stupidity that you were doing it all wrong, I probally have walked over top of so much gold and silver, probally would have had a heart attack to find out how much I missed.

this is a lesson for all you boys and girls out there....learn your machine, unless you want to waste precious time and energy just digging coins and trash all day! most failure is due to people not knowing their machines right, I admit, I'm one of those, but not no more! Krissy has graduated from the moron detectorist to the amateur detectorist. :)

krissy

krissy

" Time is the only thing you never get back, why waste time using a cheap machine when you can have more fun and recover more with a better detector. "

yea, I should have, maybe I would have found alot more, could have had my excalibur by now, etc. maybe lost some of the 1715 spanish coins too. Was hitting the beach pretty hard during the winter storms too. But now I'm finding stuff and that is what counts. :)

I know now I can come and ask and people will be here to help me. Cause I know I'm going to need the help when I get the excalibur. :) So many knobs, so much to learn.

krissy

Lemme break this down in simple terms for ya. Huntress is a perfect example of putting an Excal in someone's hands and watching the magic happen. Now she was quite experienced with other water detectors (Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II-Head Hunter Wader), but when I got her the Excal 800 this summer, she REALLY CAME TO LIFE! I mean she went from average run-of-the mill water hunter to a force to be reconned with! She had some 25+ rings in a very short time. I don't know how many gold. You can ask her specifics or check her previous posts. She'll toot her horn when she's huntin'! Sell or trade the Aquanaut, 2nd mortgage the house or something, but get 1 and we'll tell you how to set up. See ya! GH

Well really hate to get rid of the aquanaut, cause I can give that one to my son to use for now, but I will spend everyday hunting in every park I can find if that is what it takes to get my excalibur. :) Then I will be doing some serious hunting! I would like to have it before I go to petersburg though. Can you imagine the relics I could find with it? Now that I have figured out the aquanaut I will be able to find more gold. And plan on hitting the beach again this weekend, and get there early before all the people get on the volleyball courts, so we can search for some treasure. Being Leo, I'm very determined to get what I want and am willing to work hard for it too. :)I will have one! It will be mine, then watch out, you will see magic! :) Umm.....with the thanks to all of your help! :)

So now this is my goal! To have the excalibur before april, Now let's see if I make this goal.....wish me luck everyone! :)
krissy