Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tigeshark discrim settings question?

thunderseven

What is the best discrim setting for the tigershark to get at those rings? Just want to get rid of the iron beeps without losing those sought after rings! Thanks in advance!

Howdy Thunder

The only iron I have to deal with in my local lakes is the steel bottle caps off of beer bottles. I run just enough disc to make the audio sound flat in it's response, That is usually between 3 and 4 on the disc dial. Good hits sound like a high pitched duck quack and bottle caps sound like a lower pitched duck quack. I usually dig them up anyway to reduce masking, if the bottom of the lake is'nt just carpeted with them. Nails and bobby pins just clic or make no sound at all. Have a good'n..........Hombre

I set the disc on 4 and get an unmistakable crackle sound on gold chains and broken rings, and it gives a nice sharp beep on whole rings. If the target is deeper, the Tigershark gives off a VCO type sound, similar to the whites machines (the duck quack type of sound). In my area I tried the disc at 3 and found out I could go to 4 and not lose any chains and get the Tigershark to give a double beep on most (not all) bottle caps. The majority of all good targets will sound off with a nice quick solid hit no matter what way you go over it, unless it is deeper than around 5" give or take. Perfect ground balance is the key to this machine. I use the 8" coil with this setting and it has been working for me. Hope this helps. :detecting: