Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tiger Shark Status

jkasta

Alcon,

I was going to buy a Tiger Shark for my son who loves the beach but after searching around the internet I found out that it has been out of production for at least a year(??). I called the Tesoro office in AZ and the nice young lady said they did not have any idea when production would start up. Reason: something about a seal and connector part could no longer be sourced and after looking around no one else could replace it. Seems odd that they would halt production and take over a year to decide to make it in-house with no idea on resumption of the line. Any clarification or correction on this would surely be appreciated. I assume all dealers are out of stock by now??

JK

There are machines out there. I own 2 of them, one for me and one for my daughter. A lot of people buy them and find out they don't like water hunting for some reason or another. They are about as fail safe as you can get for a water detector. They still fix them as long as it is not a connector issue. When I got mine I just bought extra coils for them, so there is alternatives in case one goes bad. No problem yet! I use it in the rain a lot up here in the Northwest. They hit on gold, big and small, chains too. Search the member scully, all his posts. He was the one who did the original field report on the machine, his report is on the Tesoro website. He owns Badger Detectors in Madison, Wisconsin. He is an excellent person and if you want to know more about that machine and how it operates give him a call. There are still like new machines out there. Tesoro has said they will get the problem squared away, I believe they will!

I think it is one of the best freshwater machines made and once you get used to the tone and how if is affected by iron, gold, silver, etc you will be confident with it, and love it.

Check out scully postings all the way back in time right here. Here is a link to the field test:

http://www.tesoro.com/info/fieldtests/current/tigershark/

Here are a couple of post from another forum: (bold) One a email direct from Tesoro.

Tesoro's water detectors are no more

Posted by BobD on 9/22/2010, 10:16 pm

In case it wasn't mentioned, Tesoro now lists both their Sand Shark and Tiger Shark water detectors as "out of production" on their web site.

Posted by From tesoro [Email User] on 9/24/2010, 10:35 am, in reply to "Tesoro's water detectors are no more"

From tesoro:

"That should have said temporarily out of production. It is not a permanent thing. We are still trying to final test the new mold.
Thank you for your continued patience.
Best Regards,"

So you see they are working on it!

Have fun!

Kind regards,
Steve

As you can see I have other high quality detectors beside the Tiger Sharks, but for fresh water and detecting in the rain, the Tiger is our go to machine! It is real easy on batteries too and can be hip or chest mounted. Oh! Yes! And it hits great on gold chains!

Best Regards,
Steve

jkasta,

Do an internet search for the detector you want, some dealers are online and one may still have one or two in stock somewhere in the USA. Can't hurt. I just did a search for a Tesoro I just bought & quite a few dealers poped up in the search results.

HaRM