Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tiff is Tough!

Dan-MO

I have in the past, told the story of my paternal grandfather on this forum. He made his living as a lead miner in the deep underground mines of South-Central Missouri. Before becoming a miner he fed his family during the depression days by working in the timber, making props for the same mines that he eventually worked in, and hacking out railroad ties with a cross cut saw and broadaxe. A derogatory slang term non local people sometime called a person who made his living this way was a

I always enjoy reading yours Dan. Where in Missouri do you live? My mother inlaw lives in Farmington where there is a mine of some type. A lot of Carol's relatives worked there years ago. Now it is closed and they give mining tours.

I think that Farmington houses a lot of criminals too, but you wouldn't know it by looking at the town.

Lil Brother:)

n/t

I live about 25 miles west of there in a rural area.The closest town to me is the tiny town of Caledonia.I have many friends and relatives that live in Farmington.The mine you are talking about that is open to tours is actually in Bonne Terre-another town very near Farmington.My grandfather worked in those same mines! I posted a story about them a year or so ago...My wife is also from Bonne Terre.Small world!

Farmington is a very nice town as far as towns go with a low crime rate.There are lots of criminals there but they all live in the state prison located there.....:shrug::lol::lol:

Always great to hear from you Tom.

My wife ask me to ask you if your wife was related to any Detrings, Landolts, or Faircloths. Her great uncle Earl Faircloth worked in the Bonne Terre mine for years before actually giving the tours there in later years. It IS a small world. I hope you are doing well Dan.

God Bless,

Lil Brother :)

sometimes, but our grandparents, great grandparents and etc. really had a tough time making a living. At least they worked and supported their families.

I could hear the crowd cheer as the guy jumped up in the air and you nailed him! :)

taking the time to post it buddy!!