Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tides were Right Beach Hunt

botlmole

Here is 2 days worth of stuff detecting the local beach when the tides were right with my X-Terra 705, Gad I Love this detector, Best find, a Diamond Wedding Band, 3 Silver Rings, 1 Gold Plated brithstone Ring, 1 Silver 1957 Quarter, a Italian 925 Sterling Bracelet and 2 cell phones, one was an IPhone (Full of Water) sitting in a bag of minute rice trying to dry out.

Thats a beautiful diamond ring!! Congrats. I see you must be into gold panning also. I go up into Georgia, North Carolina and Tennassee looking for gold. Only get a little bit at a time.
What part of the country are you in? As you can see by my signature I am in South East Louisiana, a lot of us are indicating our area in our signatures now so people have an idea but not
specifics for privacy.

Dave HH

Nice pan of goodies! Congrats on the recoveries. Just curious if you were using Beach Tracking mode or were able to lock in on a set GB? HH Randy

Wow! that is a really nice looking ring. Congratulations!

Wow that is really cool. I found a man wedding ring on the beach a couple of weeks ago but i still havnt got the beach detecting down yet. i think they sweep our little beach.

Very swish ring :thumbup:
a good job...I can see by that haul that you worked for it
well done :clapping:
T59

THEY DON'T SWEEP OUR BEACHES THEY RAKE THEM AND DO NOT SIFT THEM. THIS IS IN MY GATED COMMUNITY (5) BEACHES. I GUESS I'M LUCKY

on the beach? are you running in all metal or using some disc? tia

Super Ring, by the looks of your other finds, it doesn't appear that the beach was ever detected, or not detected for a long time.

No on the virgin beach, there was at least 5 other detectors out there. These guys buy these cheap Garrerts and try and hunt the wet, on top of what I found and have shown, I picked up another 2 pans of their trash they left next to the open holes, the tides were right, today I got about 65 cents in change and a fake choker jewerly thingy. Its all in reading the tides.

I usually hunt very slowly in Pattern #1, give the detector a chance to do something then dig if it is a solid or a weird signal. All metal is tough on this beach there is a lot of rusted metal and nails and bobby pins ect. I am working on my patience to try all metal and tones. More on that later.

Using Disc. Pattern #1 and going back over the weird signals with all metal to weed out rusted junk. Getting Deep, Everything is Deep with this detector, it just blows me away, nickles at 8", I know this cause my shovel head is 8" and it is that deep in the hole or deeper, depending on how the coin is laying. The ring was about 4" and laying pretty much flat.

My side where my goodies pouch rest is still raw and the other side where I tie it feels bruised. Yes I worked my tail off those days.

They sweep these too, the machine only goes down 3 or 4 inches, I go really slow in those areas and find coins and stuff deeper. The other guys go right over them, too much of a hurry, trying to get it all.

I do the auto ground balance, I use the Beach Mode and I use the tracking, sometimes like today in the cobble rocks, I had to reset the ground balance a couple of times when going from the wet to simi wet.

I like to chase the rainbow, yes, panning or detecting, I went out to the desert last week and got some panning samples, I bring a couple of 5 gallon buckets and some 1 lb. plastic zip bags and take a little here and there. I pan in a cement mixing tub on my counter in the kitchen. I am on the West Coast, Right on the Border. I think we are now known as Northern Baja San Diego.

Take the phone and stick it in a glass of isoproponol alcohol for 20 minutes and then take it out and let it dry. The alcohol will not harm the circuits and I've done it to mine after dropping it in the hot tub 3 times so far (im a slow learner) Let it dry out for a few days and then try charging it. Good luck, Nice finds:detecting:

Hi, Yes I use the Beach Mode and the Ground Tracking and I check my Ground Balance when I go from wet to dry sand or back and forth. I am using the DD 5" x 10" 18.75 KHZ coil too.