Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

tides and full moons

tiggyann

I have read that you can use the tides, full mooons, new moons, and currents to get better results in metal detecting.

Does anyone here use special times they like to metal detect and why?

I'm trying to learn, I determined to learn!

krissy

Seriously now, check out the tide tables on the web for your area and hunt the minus tides as these will give you the most uncovered space to work. Try freetidetables.com and put in the area you want to hunch, I have found their predictions of tide to be reliable. Minus tides (indicated in read on the site above) do happen around the summer and winter solstices most often by the way, but please disregard my humour about the rooster.
A trip to KFC after a good hunt is often in order though, this is hungry work.

Cheers,

BDA:cool:

http://www.saltwatertides.com

Happy Hunting!
Va Beach Ron

can you explain what the summer solstice is?

lmao, hmm, wondering where I will find a black rooster for luck, just kidding! :)

That means the Earth has reached that part of it's orbit, which combined with the axial tilt, makes it look like the Sun has reached the furthest point North, or the furthest point South, in it's travels across the sky. Basically, the Summer Solstice is the longest day of the year, and usually falls on or around June 21st. The Winter Solstice is the shortest day of the year, and falls on or around December 21st.