Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thursday Goodies...

AllenOK

I headed out to a series of scraped, empty lots where I had eyeballed a marble last week. As soon as I got there, I realized that an empty, boarded-up house had been demolished, and the lot scraped. FRESH DIRT!

I started a search pattern in what was the back yard, but wasn't getting any good hits. I started looking around for marbles. I had wandered up to where the front yard was, when I eyeballed a what I thought was a quarter. I passed my coil over it, and sure enough, it's a coin. Since I'm in bare, disturbed dirt, I'm using my shovel. I scooped the quarter up with that and brought it up. I tried to identify it, but at a range of three feet, I caught what I thought was the design of a State Quarter. I wasn't until I had the coin in my hand that I noticed I was looking at an Eagle, in flight, with it's wings raised up. OMG OMG OMG! I flipped it over, and sure enough, I'm holding a Standing Lib. Then, I noticed that it actually has some detail to it! I can read the date, at least, what isn't covered by dirt. I could clearly see 192_, a lot of detail on Liberty, even some of the "beading" on the inside of the rim on the obverse.

I started working a pattern, and quickly recovered a '21 Wheat. Sweet! Two coins, both from the Roaring Twenties! However, those were the only two older coins pulled from that site. I'll try and get back tomorrow, but I doubt it's going to happen, as I have an awful lot to do. Sorry, no pics, as I haven't replaced my camera yet.

HH from Allen in OK

You're having some good luck detecting in OK.
Keep your head down,,,,, I understand we have some
nasty winds coming this weekend.

take care,
mike

Since this is a "fresh" scrape, some heavy rain will compact the dirt a bit, as well as make the older marbles pop up. I was really hoping for marbles more than anything else.

HH from Allen in OK