Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Threshold sound

Jonny

I have had a BandidoII for about ten years, its a manual ground balance machine with adjustable threshold, in the manual and in all info I have read it says to adjust the threshold to a barley audible tone. When I turn up the threshold the tone pulses at first and then as it gets louder it becomes a little more solid but it still has that pulsating quality. I don't remember what the threshold tone was like when I bought the detector, I try to use it as much as time allows( kids, work) but sometimes it sits for a while :(. Is this the normal threshold tone or should it be an actual solid tone?

I think that the threshold tone pulses on many of the Tesoro's. Steve.

Howdy Jonny

I have the original Bandido and the Bandido ll uMax. Either one has a steady threshold, I adjust mine just loud enough to hear the threshold rise or fall when doing a ground ballance. I adjust mine for a neutral GB, in other words the threshold does not rise or fall., it stays at the same level. Have you checked your batterys?Just a few thoughts.HH........Hombre

The threhold on my Eldorado pulses and growls a bit, expecially when around electrical lines. I set it after ground balancing to barely audible and it works fine.
HH
BB

Thanks for the input everyone, it seems that the pulsating tone is normal, even in a neutral ground balance. I experience the interference from power lines too. I was out detecting the other day(after a long hiatus) and it just occurred to me, has the threshold tone always sounded that way? or is something different? Its nice to have other Tesoro users to bounce ideas/questions off of. Thanks again. By the way Hombre my detector is a Bandido II uMax too. Jonny

Howdy jonny

The bandido ll umax is a great machine,i found gold with it at about 8 in. deep in a tot lot paved with shreded wood bark,The 14k gold cross was soo deep in the wood chips that the wood was decomposing around the cross.The cross is a pretty little thing only 3/4 long studded with small diamonds and emeralds.This is a free tip ,,after ground ballanceing the machine properly, set the treshold at a barely audible tone,then flip the switch into discriminate and start hunting.You can pinpoint your target by slowly moving the coil over suspected target till you get target to respond at it's loudest and crispest signal then dig it! HH............Hombre.................. is'nt the silent seach mode on these little buggers sweeeet!

n/t

Thanks for the tip Hombre:thumbup: Yes I do like the silent search mode, I use it all the time at the beach. I am thinking about buying a Compadre too, maybe get the wife or my son out with me too, (then I can detect longer too);) HH---Jonny