Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Threshold?:canadaflag:

On what? The excal? Doesn't really matter though what detector. You normally set it so you just hear a faint background "hum" then it will either rise or fall or "waver" depending on what you are passing over. On the Excal it will "null out" (drops or disappears over iron).
Setting the threshold so you can just hear any small changes in it helps if there is a deep target you may just get a slight change in threshold. They you can take a closer inspection of what caused the change, such as a target on the verge of the detectors reach.
If you turn the threshold down (silent) you may miss deep targets.

It depends on the conditions. In high wind high surf I have set mine as far up as I can stand it on the Excal to hear those faint changes in tone hunting in all metal. Be prepared to dig deep. I have the blue headphones. I suspect if you had a better setup you could save your eardrums a little bit.

muggsc said:
It depends on the conditions. In high wind high surf I have set mine as far up as I can stand it on the Excal to hear those faint changes in tone hunting in all metal. Be prepared to dig deep. I have the blue headphones. I suspect if you had a better setup you could save your eardrums a little bit.

I have the blue headphones too and they are crap at keeping wind noise out. Infact any exterior noise!