Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Three month clad total

Buddysox

Took my jars of clad to the bank today for the "special savings account" that's the one I put my findings in and I don't need permission from "the BOSS" to use it. If I find it on the ground, I can spend it on stuff to dig in the ground. A total of $141.00 was the total and it even gave me a breakdown of the coins. Since January here is the count:

QUARTERS-281
DIMES -479
NICKLES -105
PENNIES -1852
These totals are slightly off as there was a $6.00 charge for counter use and about a hundred various coins were rejected by the counter. Mostly pennies.
All in all I was surprised by the totals. No wonder my back is always sore. I rarely go after pennies unless I think it might be a wheat or the rare Indian, but look at the penny count! Of course this doesn't include the "keepers" and the tons of pull tabs and junk. So doing some rough figuring I have had my butt in the air and my nose in the ground approximately 3000 times since January!
That's OK, now I have enough to get that new SEF coil!
Not sure why I do this but it sure is fun!

Man......If my bank charged me $6 to run them through the counter I'd be changing banks. I have never been charged 1 cent for this service.That just ain't right dude!

HH Gilly

You are a lucky guy Gilly. Many banks are getting away from that service period. Credit unions still tend to have it. A lot of banks just put them in bags now and send them to the Fed along with their returned coins... and ya they charge you much like the coin counters at grocery stores. I prefer them sending them off for the most part i get credit for even the damaged coins because they are taken out of circulation. Id think if you roll them and add all those BAD coins they dont get out of circulation and people arent happy when they get a pack of bad coins.

Dew