Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thought some o' y'all might just enjoy this some...

Art SC

Florida State University in Tallahassee, Florida has put up a very interesting page on their site. It begins as a view of the Milky Way Galaxy viewed from a distance of 10 million light years and then Zooms in towards Earth in powers of ten. 10 million, to one million, to 100,000 light years and then it finally reaches a large Oak tree. But it doesn't stop there. It keeps zooming in until you're finally looking at a single quark. The similarities between deep outer space and deep inner space are beyond remarkable.

Once you click on the site, the software does all the work. Sit back and imagine how perfect our universe is!

By the way, you can play it forward AND backward to be amazed over and over. At the end it says AUTO....click on that and review the process in reverse!

http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/primer/java/scienceopticsu/powersof10/index.html

Each one of these pinwheels, snail shells and even what appear to be stars are ALL (every single one) an entire Galaxy (Just like our own Milky Way galaxy) made up of MILLIONS of stars orbiting each other. The photo was taken by the Hubble telescope in Earth's orbit.

[attachment 15516 Galaxies.jpg]

n/t

n/t

I havn't heard much about it for the last few days. It's probably being swept under the rug by the local leftie media as are most of the stupid lib rulings. The governor came out publicly condemning the ruling and some from the legislature called for the judge to rescind the ruling or step down. The judge responded with his own news photo op and refused to do both. He now claims that he no longer believes in incarceration as punishment. My opinion; he should step down permanently or be removed by whatever means possible. Of course, the libbys in both Montpelier and Burlington where he sits are lauding it as a blow to the evil Republican oppressors. Wonder what they would think if it was their child Hmmmmmmmmmm!!!

n/t

n/t

I sure wish we (Vermont) could get rid of lahey. He's the poster child for having term limits. He's so firmly ensconced as a senator, he'll probably die in office. Our local LNN (read lying or liberal news network) announced this morning that he said yesterday that he plans to actively oppose Judge Alito's appointment. Go figure :shrug: :help:

There's probably at least twenty-five or thirty astroids that were classified by Carl Sagin that have life on them. He just forgot to write 'em down for us. That's possible. Right>?????

Superman made diamonds from coal too. I KNOW that's a fact. I remember readin' it my little ol' self when I was 12. :D

aj