Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Though I was golden until

George-CT

the rain stopped and the temp dropped again. I had just plowed off the driveway and figured the rain would take away the rest of it as it had jumped up to 40 degrees and we were having electrical storms with it...Weird when it was snowing 30 minutes earlier. Being it was a wet heavy snow but not deep I figured I'd get it off the driveway.... Then the temps dropped but the water kept flowing underneath the snow. Real tricky getting in and out of here now..... I have 2 big hills on the driveway and unless you have 4x4 or studded tires you are not going up either them... Pulled about 4 cars out of here yesterday and one UPS man.. Now yo ulook at these pictures and tell me if common sense would say, don't go in there.... Enlarge them and you can see how much ice there is on there especially in th elast one......

George-CT

I sand and salt back at the house where they need to turn around but not the entire driveway.... Most of our friends know the deal back here, 4x4 or don't come back in snow or ice conditions.

like it was dry road. They don't realize that you can not stop with 4WD any better than 2WD. Idjits.

We are still cold here but not like it has been. It only got down to 10 last night and sunday it is suppose to get up to 32 but then it will drop again. I have had all the winter I want. :(

it but with this last wet heavy snow, then rain on that, its really not very good. They like smooth hard ice for really getting with the program. They might try reflooding one at the club in the parking lot this weekend for the kids..... We set up my sons quad with the ice stud tires this week so he wants to run also. At least some one is getting some enjoyment out of this mess. Sure hard on the animals. Hard to get at anything to eat like it is. I see deer moving a lot now in search of food and in neighbors yards snacking on their shrubs. The coyotes have been knocking of dogs and cats now more often according to the news. We run 4x4 cars and trucks here in the winter and it sure makes a difference for going, but like you say, not for stopping..

I've been working on a few people selling Harleys....Seeing some really good deals on the little sportsters. They are fun on the back on the tight back roads. More so than my cruiser.

No Geocaching right now. To easy to break a leg falling and way out in the woods in this weather you would be in trouble...... I kind of got most of the easy ones within 500 yards close by here.

George-CT

Our driveway is similar.. perhaps a little less ice...... but ice nonetheless...After days, and weeks and months of plowing, the remaining snow has turned to ice.. Our driveway id 800 feet. So we have less driveway, but is still is a pain.. :):

fair winds

Mikie