Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

This wolf story was told to me today...............

Kelley (Texas)

While waiting for Debbie's plane to arrive at the airport this afternoon, I met a very interesting gentleman from Colorado. After a few minutes of small talk, I asked him if he had ever seen a wild bear or wolf in Colorado. He told me the following story about his encounter with a wolf.

A few years ago, he and a few friends went deer hunting. They dropped him off at a deer stand approximately six miles from camp and told him that they would pick him up just before dark.

He stayed in that stand all day without getting a deer, and near sunset, decided to walk towards the camp...he figured he would see his friends on the trail and save some time. He said it was difficult walking out of there until the moon came out, then the going got easier. After walking about two miles, and no sign of his friends, he decided to take a break. He leaned his rifle up against a tree, then stepped back about ten feet so that he could stand against a large rock, using it as a wind break.

He said that he heard a noise, looked up, and there about fifteen feet in front of him was a large wolf. Their eyes met and the wolf growled at him. He told me that the hair on the back of the wolf was standing up on end. Both of them stood staring at each other for a few minutes. He knew that he was far away from his rifle, but decided to try to inch over to it anyway. Every time he moved just a tab, the wolf would growl and move a few inches closer to him. He said that he was really starting to get scared. He finally reached the rifle and slowly started to raise it up into shooting position. He said that the wolf was now about eight feet from him, starting to really growl louder and was showing his teeth. As he was raising the rifle, he slipped the safety to the off position. When the wolf heard the click of the safety, he turned and ran off. The man went back to the large rock with his rifle and had to wait almost another hour before his friends found him. He said that he was really scared and did not know if the wolf had actually run off or was waiting for him out there in the darkness.

He was just starting to tell me a bear story when Debbie's plane arrived...I was tempted to hear the bear story before looking for Debbie and her baggage, but decided I better just pass on the story. I did enjoy his wolf story and it was much more enjoyable hearing it live rather than by the written word. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

....A gang of four male grizzly bears that stalked a Bella Coola Valley ,terrorizing residents,have been shot dead by conservation officers after one of them tore off a large chunk of a man's scalp,including his ear.

Three were killed withen 75 metres of where Jck Turner was savaged the night before as he walked to his daughters house to feed the pets.He only escaped because the powerfull bear chose not to kill him.Jack Turner lives in Lonsome Lake of legendary pioneer Ralp Edwards ,famous for saving the Trumpeter swan from near extinction.This is the third bear mauling in BC this year.They may be attracted to fallen apples,Arthur Louie was killed by a bear in Inveremere this September he was 60.Chris Solecki 13, was very lucky to survive a bear attack near Burns Lake earlier that month.Bears are most active during August to September.

so long ojm bc

involved in the attacks. I did not know that they would run in packs to terrorize the neighborhood...wonder if they were young bears? Thanks for posting the story, very interesting to read. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

At first I thought it might be a coyote, but when we got closer, we saw it was a wolf. Nothing spectacular, like your tale, but an interesting experience nonetheless

Clam seas

M

......with each other,they probably were all after the fallen apples,in the fruit growing regions. so long ojm