Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

This was one of the projects in the last 3 weeks.

George-CT

Heidi needed a new roof on her place she just purchased. Just need to power wash the siding now and the out side is in decent shape. Home was built in 1938. Has a lot of the old charm inside still but still needs a few updates in the kitchen. But, the price was right and its right near school and her job. Quiet neighborhood near as I can tell. Down side, no place for horses and the dogs need to be fenced. Thats the next project, fence in the back yard.... The lady who had the home had just lost her husband not to long ago and decided to sell the home and go into and assisted living program here in CT. They had lived there for 40 years so had a lot of stuff to get rid of. She hated to leave but could not longer keep it up herself.

George-CT

looks to have a decent bit of property with it. And the firepit is gorgeous.

Was it fairly expensive? I would think that with the real estate problems that you folks are having down south of us, that the price would be pretty good.. But it sure is a nice looking place.

Calm seas

micheal

We went thru at least 45 of them that caught our interest in a price range she could handle while still being in school as she will drop her job at some point and go full time. What we saw, was a lot of homes that the people were upside on big time. They owned way more than it was worth and while I understand trying to get that, I doubt it happened ever. I've watched homes in my area, sit for over 2 years. Final selling prices were way below that they were asking, usually around $50k lower.

This place, 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 fireplaces, rec room down stairs, 1 car garage and nice size piece of flat land in the city, within 2 miles of her Manchester College and 20 minutes from her job at Bradley Air Base. $150k She rented out the top floor for $800 ready and half the utilities. So she is in good shape. Well taken care of for and older home, just some things are dated and slowly we can replace those.

George-CT

I got dibs on the first coin hunt there. There is and old stair case there that runs along side the home on her land that went the house in a different way. I'm figuring detecting that next time up there. Coins are hers, but I get to find them. This is and older section of town also so no telling what was there before this home....Quite a few parks around there also.

Geo