Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

This was a bad day for Heidi.........

George-CT

Some guy just T-boned her 2006 Dodge Cummings Truck and totaled it. He ran and intersection and hit her at about 60 mpg. Hit her Just behind the rear quad cab door and the truck bed. Bent it right at the frame. Hit it hard enough with mid size plymouth that his car went under it, cut off his roof. Lifted her truck up on to the hood and took it about 22 feet from where she was. Why it didn't turn over she said she will never know. She didn't get a mark on her. He was blind drunk, broke his ankles and some other stuff and lot of laceration on the face and neck. He is in the hospital but should be fine. Phoney plate, no insurance, 3 DWI for him. She said it took about 30 minutes for them to get the guy out of his car. Her insurance company was there in less that 3 hours and totaled it. Shame nice truck, ,6 speed stick, all the goodies. She said they said she could by it back from them and she will part it out.

Sure glad she didn't get hurt. Don't wish it on the other guy, but he don't sound to responsible to me, so thats life in the dumb lane.

She is flat out these days, so this is just another hurtle to get over. Long as she didn't get hurt, can always get another truck...

George-CT

and all else is inconvenience. Nice to hear some good news even if it comes from bad George!

you are a lot kinder toward the drunk than I would be. I have no use for a drunk driver, especially one that is a repeater. They just don't care who they kill.

Yeah, there are a lot of trucks out there...

to be certain though, she should go to a doc. Those soft tissue damages can be late in manifesting themselves..

She going to get a new vehicle out of it? Up here, if a driver is drunk, his insurance is null and void........ that may be after all claims against him are paid, though. I think that the company then sues the drunk for all out paid expenses.calm seas

Micheal

n/t

Iv'e got a Dodge 3500 with a 6-speed standard & the Cummins engine, so I know how sturdy they are. My previous truck was hit by a drunk with a long record. He was drunk at the time. Down here guys like that are put on what's known as County Mutual insurance companies--the 'assigned risk' pool. County Mutual insurance is a lot more expensive than regular insurance & if the drunk has more accidents the premiums go way up. I think the guy who hit my truck got his license revoked, which means if he's caught driving he goes to jail. If he's caught driving drunk it's a felony--hard time. Huntsville--or for that matter, Sugarland--aren't country clubs.

We've recently built a lot of new prisons in Texas & we're said to have the largest prison population in the country. Guess what? Since we built those prisons & started locking the crooks up, our crime rate has gone way down. About 90% of all crimes are committed by repeat offenders. You take the repeat offenders off the streets, crime rates go down.