Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

This program will REALLY open your eyes.....::confused:shocked:.....

warthog

The custom/classic auto auctions put on by Mecum,and Barrett-Jackson......They just had a 1937 Ford hot rod that sold for $42,500,the same price I paid for a large 3bedroom house on 1+ acre,back around 1980.........Some of these cars are WAAAAAY up there in selling price,and I cannot help but think about how many homeless people could have shelter,or how many hungry or battered folks could be fed and housed with the cash these people are throwing out there just to buy a four wheel status symbol....Dont get me wrong,I like the older cars,We had that 89 Lincoln,but some of these cars on these shows are just crazy in the prices they ask,and get......:shrug:......

Warthog, are you saying the people selling the cars should give away their profits to the homeless and out of work?

Steve O,you would make a great reporter,coming up with a conclusion like that......NO,I AM NOT SAYING THAT.....DO YOU REALLY THINK I AM AS BRAINLESS AS THAT???I simply stated that kind of money could feed the hungry and shelter the homeless.It looks like to me that the way you word your response you are looking for a fight,and if you are,take it elsewhere,I am not here to fight,I simply made a statement.

The people that have the money to spend on older cars can spend their money in any way they want and maybe they do give to charities or help the poor, as we don't really know, for having that much money isn't us but many people do and some do it as a business to buy and then sell for profit! It would be nice if a person could have enough money to buy things without worrying about paying other bills that should be done before buying extra for pleasure! Amen! :angel: Ma

I watched a little of that auction...sort of strange, compared to before the 2008 crash when the middle class got wiped out...some of those cars were going for less than half of what they brought back then, . and half of what a new mid size car would cost at a dealership..I guess the super rich have all the cars they need at them moment..the middle class is tapped out is what I was thinking watching that auction.
Mud

Warthog, settle down lad. Not a fight I'm looking for...maybe a little debate so I can understand your statement. And, I can take it where I like.